Photo

Be sure to go check out Asian_C_0404 's new KNY Oneshot book! Feel free to request there! Thank you and back to story!

Back to Story

"I guess you're right..." Senjuro mumbled, still hugging (Y/n) dearly, not wanting to let him go anytime soon.

"HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!" A booming voice yelled, making (Y/n) immediately stand up and push Senjuro behind him protectively.

A man who looked almost like a carbon copy of Senjuro and Rengoku stepped out onto the Engawa, Tanjiro enraged behind him.

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR FRIEND CAN COME IN AND ORDER AROUND ME AND MY SON?" Shinjuro yelled, pointing at (Y/n). Senjuro hid behind (Y/n) in fear, which (Y/n) only pushed Senjuro behind him so he couldn't see his enraged, mostly likely, drunk father. "GIVE ME MY SON!"

Shinjuro reached for Senjuro behind (Y/n), only for (Y/n) to pick Senjuro up and jump back from Shinjuro.

"You're not in your right mind." (Y/n) denied. Senjuro held onto (Y/n) yukata, scared of his own father. Shinjuro didn't listen and charged at (Y/n), albeit stumbling due to his alcohol consumption.

(Y/n) jumped back into the open shoji doors, Shinjuro immediately running after him.

(Y/n) was careful that Senjuro didn't get hurt as Shinjuro knocked things down and broke glass on the floor, glass pieces flying all around the room.

Tanjiro watched from outside, feeling helpless, not knowing what to do. They were both moving at extreme speeds, Tanjiro wouldn't even know where they were in the room if not for the shattering glass.

(Y/n) gracefully landed when something shattered in front of (Y/n)'s feet, making him look down. There was a family portrait showing the entirety of the Rengoku family, along with a women he'd never seen before.

"Is that his mom?" (Y/n) thought, before he realized Shinjuro was running at him again

"Is that his mom?" (Y/n) thought, before he realized Shinjuro was running at him again. (Y/n) grabbed the photo, once again jumping back from Shinjuro.

"GIVE ME THAT!" Shinjuro grabbed for the photo, which he snatched out of (Y/n)'s hand. Senjuro had seen the photo before his father snatched it, tearing up when he saw his family's smiles.

Shinjuro turned from (Y/n), looking at the photo in his hand. He hadn't looked at the photo in so long, he'd kept it downturned from his sight after his wife had died.

"Is that your wife?" (Y/n) asked carefully, not wanting to set the elder off.

Shinjuro scowled over his shoulder, "Why should I tell you?"

"She has the same smile as Kyojuro and Senjuro." (Y/n) set Senjuro down, and slowly walked up to Shinjuro, Senjuro following behind.

"What do you know about her?" Shinjuro bellowed, turning around quickly, fist flying for (Y/n)'s face. (Y/n) easily caught his fist, his (e/c) eyes peering into Shinjuro's unique ones.

"I do not know much about her, but I can see it in your eyes...you loved her dearly." (Y/n) answered, still holding back Shinjuro's fist. "But think...is this what she would have wanted?"

Shinjuro paused when he heard that, seeing his wife's smile in the photo making his actions stutter.

His fist dropped to his side, "What would she think of me..." Shinjuro looked down art his haggard appearance. "She would be so disappointed in me..."

Shinjuro backed up from (Y/n) before looking to Senjuro peeking from behind (Y/n). He saw the fear in his son's eyes, making him put a hand over his eye, reality hitting him like a hard slap in the face.

"W-what have I done..." Shinjuro muttered, everything that had happened, his wife's passing, abuse of his own sons, one of his son's passings...it hit him all at once. "You're scared of me...aren't you?"

Shinjuro backed up from his son more, not wanting to see his son's scared face. Shinujuor kept one of his eyes covered, looking to the ground in utter horror.

Senjuro looked to (Y/n) for what to do, which (Y/n) gently pushed him forward. Only for Senjuro to shake his head and grab (Y/n)'s hand gently, pulling (Y/n) with him.

Tanjiro didn't want to interfere and walked away, to give them privacy.

(Y/n) let Senjuro pull him, only for Senjuro to grab his father's free hand gently.

Shinjuro immediately looked up, to see his son's face, not fear in his eyes, but forgiveness. A small smile shown on his face, tears pricking in Senjuro's eyes.

Shinjuro then looked to (Y/n), a smile adorning his face, kindness similar to something he'd seen before.

"Ruka..." Shinjuro thought, he swore he could see his wife in that moment, not (Y/n). The same kind eyes, serene smile, everything about them seemed so similar.

Shinjuro stumbled forward and pulled Senjuro and (Y/n) into a hug.

"Ruka...is that you?" Shinjuro mumbled. "Did you come back to me?" Shinjuro looked into (Y/n)'s eyes.

(Y/n) realized that must've been his wife's name, "Shinjuro-San...

She never left you

And neither did Kyojuro."

(Y/n) placed his hand above Shinjuro's heart.

"They're in here...and as long as you remember them ...they never will be gone."

Shinjuro then hugged Senjuro and (Y/n) to him, tears welling up int he retired Pillar's eyes.

"After she died...I was tempted to join her..." Shinjuro mumbled.

Senjuro's eyes widened at the news, not knowing this.

(Y/n) was saddened by the news, "Shinjuro-San...

Killing yourself is never the answer...it is a long term solution to a short term problem...and it never ends pain, it passes it to someone else.

Think, if you died, who would be here to take care of Senjuro?"

(Y/n) asked.

Senjuro frowned and hugged (Y/n) and his farther close.

"I...never thought of it like that..." Shinjuro mumbled, tears flowing down the mans face, "Thank you... thank you..." Shinjuro mumbled over and over, hugging (Y/n) close.

(Y/n) hugged Shinjuro and Senjuro to him, when he felt two pairs of ghostly arms embrace them.

"Thank you (Y/n)..."

(Y/n) recognized the voice, making him smile melancholy, nodding his head as a way to say your welcome.

Senjuro looked up, the clouds in the sky clearing up...and he couldn't believe his eyes...in the sky...

There was a rainbow.