Love

(Y/n) hummed a tune, strumming his fingers on a biwa. He didn't know how to play, it was mindless fiddling.

"Hello Giyu." (Y/n) smiled softly, knowing the Water Pillar had just appeared behind him.

(Y/n) was sitting on the Engawa of his own home, the Shadow Estate, Senjuro doing sword swings in front of him.

"We were worried about you." Giyu said, his voice trying to hide the worry and slight bitterness behind it. (Y/n) chuckled and stopped strumming on the biwa, setting it to the side.

"No need to be worried, I just had something to take care of!" He turned to look at Giyu, a smile on his face.

Giyu observed his appearance, a loose yukata on his body, part of his scarred chest on display. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Was there something you needed?" (Y/n) asked, turning back to watch Senjuro swing his wooden katana.

Giyu shrugged before realizing (Y/n) couldn't see him, "Yes."

(Y/n) nodded and patted the seat next to him, Giyu walking and taking off his katana to sit down next to (Y/n), seiza style.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, smiling gently. Giyu sighed, his nerves getting to him now that he was looking into (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes.

Before Giyu could talk, Senjuro ran over smiling and sweaty.

"How did I do?" He smiled excitedly, (Y/n) chuckled and affectionately rubbed Senjuro's head.

"You did very well! That completes the training for today, you have been training since dawn!" (Y/n) looked to the sky, seeing the sun going to set soon.

Senjuro nodded and waved goodbye, disappearing into the shadow estate soon after.

(Y/n) sighed before turning back to Giyu, "So what were you saying?" He asked. Giyu turned away, a light flush coming over his cheeks, his fingers absentmindedly fiddling.

"It's just that..." he trailed off, (Y/n)'s kind eyes making him feel self conscious. But he needed to get it off his chest, "Do you think two guys can like each other?" He blurted.

Much to Giyu's fear and dread, (Y/n) didn't respond, and merely blinked while staring at him. Giyu was silently hoping the silence would swallow him whole, embarrassment and slight shame crept into his body, despite his face staying monotone.

(Y/n) pursed his lips, before turning to face where Senjuro used to be standing, "Why are you asking? Did something come up?" (Y/n) broke the silence, shattering it like porcelain hitting the ground.

Giyu, again, kept fiddling with his fingers, "Someone told me it was weird..." he mumbled, "And that I'd go to hell if I kissed a guy..."

He trailed off, not wanting to finish his sentence.

Again, a blanket of silence enveloped them, Giyu turning away from (Y/n)'s gaze in shame. Only for him to feel a soft hand touch his cheek, gently making Giyu look at the owner of the hand.

(Y/n) smiled gently, his thumb caressing Giyu's cheek, Giyu not helping but to flush at the gentle touch. Giyu's dark blue eyes clashed with (Y/n)'s (e/c) ones, Giyu being able to count (Y/n)'s eyelashes with how close they were.

(Y/n) paused, seeing if he were uncomfortable, but Giyu's dark blue eyes just blinked doelike into (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes.

Before Giyu could comprehend it, (Y/n)'s lips were on his own.

Giyu froze, his breath halting, not kissing back.

After a few moments, (Y/n) pulled away, a kind smile on his face. Giyu felt...ashamed? Embarrassed? He didn't know, he just felt an overwhelming feeling to get away from (Y/n).

He shoved (Y/n) away, (Y/n) eyes showing a bit of hurt before it turned melancholy.

Giyu didn't know how to react, so he turned angry, "Why did you do that?" He demanded.

(Y/n)'s smile didn't falter, his (e/c) eyes shining in the setting sun, the breeze brushing through his (h/c) hair.

"Well you said you would go to hell for kissing a guy, so now we can go to hell together!" (Y/n)'s eyes shut from the smile on his face, one of pure innocence and kindness.

Giyu still standing up, clenched his fists in anger? He still couldn't tell what he was feeling, perhaps fear?

He turned to leave, walking briskly, only for (Y/n) to call out to him again.

"I was wondering Giyu." (Y/n) voiced, Giyu halting in his, basically, sprint away. "Ever since you asked if two guys, even two women, could be together or not... I just thought...

What makes us all so afraid of two men or two women afraid of being together?"

Giyu turned his head to look at (Y/n) over his shoulder, but was shocked at what he saw.

(Y/n) had tears running down his face, but the same kind smile adorning his face. The tears glistened in the light, Giyu felt something pang in him.

"Of all things we could fear in this world...we pick love."