Look

This update is for @Hanakokoko-Kun I'm glad you're excited and enjoying the book! Be sure to go check out theirs, I read it, it's very good! Thank you and have a good day or night!

Back to story

(Y/n) was now having to leave for his mission, pick up his usual dark haori. He looked in a mirror as he reached for it, his arms had long scars on them. (Y/n)'s eyes then slightly widened he realized he'd stopped cutting himself.

His eyes shut for a few seconds, before he inhaled deeply and exhaled.

"Whew...it's okay...today's another day." (Y/n) hyped himself up, a small smile making its way onto his face. He put his now sharpened katana into his sheath, before leaving his estate. His estate was kinda bland, he never really had the eye for decorating, he just didn't know where it start. His estate was pretty big, most rooms didn't even have furniture, maybe som basic stuff, but nothing more.

(Y/n) started humming a random song while walking along a path to the train station, nothing in particulate on his mind. The moonlight illuminated his path, his (e/c) eyes glowing in the slight light, swaying in his steps.

All of a sudden obnoxious laughing could be hear, making (Y/n) stop look to the noise. He wasn't near anything in particular, so he was confused what it could be.

He quietly snuck since it was late at night, and could be a demon, but he hurried. His footsteps were silent against the forest floor, putting his hand on his katana.

"You think I'd like you? You're rich and powerful, but you're not exactly beautiful." A male voice said, making (Y/n) pause.

"Like you?" (Y/n) wondered, jumping into a tree. He gracefully leapt from tree to tree, making sure to land on branches that could support his weight.

He came across something that made his blood boil.

It was Mitsuri and some slayer, the slayer throwing insult after insult at her. (Y/n) furrowed his eyebrows, no on deserved this, and he would never wish it upon those who'd done him wrong.

"Oi." (Y/n) called, his haori making it easy to hide in the shadows. The male slayer paused, not knowing where the voice came from, and he wasn't a Pillar, so he couldn't sense who or what was there. (Y/n) put on a different voice that sounded almost nothing like him, "You look scrumptious." He started laughing crazed after his words.

The Slayer immediately froze up, mistaking (Y/n) for a demon, and ran away screaming.

(Y/n) sighed in relief he was gone, and jumped down from the branch, revealing himself to Mitsuri. Mitsuri was sitting on the forest floor, no emotion shown on her face.

"Mitsuri?" (Y/n) asked carefully, he couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Are you okay?" He asked, wincing at how dumb he sounded, of course she wasn't okay.

Mitsuri didn't answer for a second, "Obanai...told me about you." She finally spoke. (Y/n) was shocked to know Obanai was talking about him, "He told me...he regrets his actions, and would get better..." she whispered. She looked up to (Y/n), "How are you so kind?" Mitsuri shook her head.

"People have fucked you over, left you behind, hurt you...yet, you're still kind to people... don't you get how incredible that is?"

"I envy you (Y/n)... there's just something about you that makes people drawn to you." Mitsuri's green eyes welled up with tears, "What do you have I don't?" (Sound familiar?)

(Y/n) was confused, "I don't get what you mean. None of the Pillars like me, and you're beautiful Mitsuri, do not compare yourself to anyone else." He walked to her.

Mitsuri didn't move from him when he knelt down next to her.

"No...I'm not, I'm ugly, that's why no one wants me." She started to cry into his hands. "I don't get what you see about me that's beautiful." She whimpered.

(Y/n) didn't get it, she was the definition of beauty, inside and out.

"Mitsuri... you only see yourself in mirror." (Y/n) said incredulously, "I see you when you see something you deem cute, I see you when you hear something funny, when something makes you happy, your face is joy, your face is love, that's what I see." (Y/n) gently cupped her cheek.

"And there's nothing wrong with you if someone doesn't like you back, it's okay. If they can't see how perfect you are, it's there loss, and on this world, not everyone is going to like you. Not a lot of people like me either, but guess what." (Y/n) chuckled in the last sentence, "That's life, move on, there are people in this world who will gladly accept you for who you are...I will be one!" (Y/n) smiled kindly.

Mitsuri was stunned by his kind words, "And why would you want to be someone else?" (Y/n) rolled his eyes, "Everyone else is taken, so just be yourself." (Y/n) chuckled again, wiping her tears away gently with his thumb, "So get up, and start over again. The difference from when you started before, is that this time, you're starting with experience. Learn from your mistakes, and grow from it." He got up, holding her hand.

Mitsuri felt tears in her eyes, but this time happy tears.

"Thank you (Y/n)...thank you so much."