Die

Obanai looked at (Y/n) in confusion, "How could you say that about me? I hit you, verbally and physically- how! How can you say I'm a hero? Even a good person?" He yelled, standing up.

(Y/n) just looked at him, "Obanai, it is our actions that show who we truly are. But even still, it takes a good person to realize their mistakes, and fix them. And that, it where you have a choice." (Y/n) still smiled, not fazed.

Obanai then finally stayed silent and looked down in defeat. Kaburamaru looked at his owner, and nuzzled his cheek, trying to make him feel better.

"I-I... I must think on this." Obanai got up and walked into his Estate.

When he was gone, (Y/n) got up and shook his head. He needed to prepare for the mission that was in a couple days. He stretched and was walking out, when something fell upon his head.

(Y/n) didn't flinch, nor did whatever falling on him hurt, it wasn't very big or heavy. (Y/n) looked down on what hit him, it was a peach.

(Y/n) blinked owlishly before looking up, sure enough, Obanai had a peach tree in his backyard. And luckily enough, they were ripe, along with the one that fell on his head.

(Y/n) then proceeded to climb the tree and pick a few for later.

"This'll make a good snack!" (Y/n) smiled like a child at the thought of fresh juices peaches. "Damn it... I need to go back to the Butterfly Estate." (Y/n) cursed. He'd forgotten to restock on his medical kit, the thing he went to the Butterfly Estate for in the first place.

(Y/n) sighed and started the trek back to the huge Estate.

Timeskip

(Y/n) yawned in exhaustion, it had been a while since he'd slept a full 8 hours. He shook off the tiredness and walked into the estate.

Shortly after walking in, he realized something.

He was lost.

He had no clue where he was, nothing looked familiar.

"Well shit..." (Y/n) heaved a heavy sigh. He started walking in a direction, his haori fluttering behind him.

"Why did you leave?" A voice whispered. This made (Y/n) stop in his tracks, wondering if he actually heard someone talk. "You left me here..." the voice continued, and now (Y/n) was sure he wasn't going insane.

He followed it, only to come to a door that was different from the rest. It had flowers on the door, unlike the other plain doors in the Estate.

(Y/n) cautiously put his ear to the door, listening for any signs of movement.

"Hello?" He asked cautiously.

No response came, only silence, though this silence was different. It was if the silence was loud, and (Y/n) didn't like it one bit.

"Help..."

This was when (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes widened, and he wanted no time in busting down the door. It was really quite easy when he used his breathing styles.

Once he'd bust it open, his eyes widened at the sight before him.

Shinobu was holding a syringe and some medicine in her other hand.

(Y/n) wasted no time in lunging forward and grabbing the items from her hands. Shinobu was far too weak to take them back, so she just watched with dead, bug-like eyes.

"What has gotten into you?!" (Y/n) nearly yelled.

Shinobu didn't flinch, nor did she react from (Y/n) words. (Y/n) sighed when he realized this, and saw how his approach wasn't the best if he walked into what he thinks he was about to witness.

He mentally noted to look at what the medicine was later, and put the medicine in his pocket.

"Shinobu..." (Y/n) kneeled next to her, taking in his surroundings. He was in a dimly lit room, only lit by candles upon a shrine of sorts.

It had a photo of what looked like her and someone who looked kind of like her, "Probably her sister..." (Y/n) thought to himself.

"Why would you do this?" He asked softly.

Shinobu again, just stared at him.

"I see her... in your eyes." She muttered finally, breaking the tense silence. "I see her in you... and it hurts. You two... are so alike, so kind... so naive." Shinobu hissed.

(Y/n) could only assume she was talking about the girl in the photo with her.

"I hate you."

The words rang through (Y/n)'s head for what seemed like hours.

"I hate you, I hate demons, and... I hate myself. I'm so weak." She choked out, "I don't deserve everything around me, I don't deserve to be happy. I don't deserve to to live... I couldn't protect her, I failed. And now... I pay the price." Shinobu looked to the ceiling.

"I just wanna die."

That was when (Y/n) snapped, he then slammed his hand on the ground, making Shinobu flinch.

"Shinobu, I know not of what you have gone through, and god only knows what hell you have faced. But, don't ever, ever wish you were dead, thinking the world would be better without you." He said, his usual kind smile twisted into a firm expression.

"Everyone in this world, deserves to be loved, everyone deserves to be happy, everyone deserves a place in this world. And to think that this world would be better without you, is wrong. There are so many people you have yet to meet, you are only 18 years old! That is such a small portion in your life, and what you are going through will pass."

(Y/n) went back to his kind smile, before it vanished again.

"And if you want to die Shinobu, then throw yourself into the water. You'll see yourself fighting to survive." He started, Shinobu looking up, her purple eyes widening.

"You do not want to kill yourself, you want to kill something in you."