Less

"Ow..." (Y/n) immediately covered his now bleeding nose, flinching when Tanjiro's hard forehead had come into contact with his nose.

Tanjiro had attempted to headbut Uzui, though Uzui moved out of the way, meaning Tanjiro accidentally hit (Y/n).

"Ah (Y/n)-sama! I'm so sorry!" Tanjiro immediately went to help (Y/n), only for Aoi to land on top of him. Tanjiro groaned when Aoi landed on him, Aoi groaning as well.

(Y/n) looked up at Uzui, still holding his nose, only for Uzui to jump from the roof, landing near (Y n).

"How dare you hit someone to flamboyant you drab monkey!" Uzui pointed at Tanjiro, who was having Aoi help get him off the ground.

"How dare you throw a lady?" Tanjiro pointed to Aoi.

Uzui scoffed, going to rebut when Kanao showed up.

She blinked when she saw the blood dripping from (Y/n)'s fingers, still covering his nose. She gently walked over him, pulling his hand away from his nose.

Kanao gently pulled a cloth from her pocket, before gently putting it in (Y/n)'s clean hand.

"Please...be more careful next time." She spoke quietly.

(Y/n) smiled and nodded, "Of course Kanao! Thank you for this!" He kept smiling thankfully, putting the cloth in his nose to stop the bleeding.

"Mhm..." she just hummed, turning to Uzui, who was still bickering with Tanjiro, with Zenitsu and Inosuke showing up from their own missions.

"Then we shall go with you!" Tanjiro volunteered, "How about it Zenitsu, Inosuke?" He asked the two.

"Sure! I can do it, I'm strong!" Inosuke boasted, his swords in hand.

"I guess I can too..." Zenitsu trailed off, his eyes wandering to (Y/n), who was pulling now bloody cloth away from his face, a bruise forming in the bridge of his nose. "AH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Zenitsu rushed over.

"It's nothing Zenitsu!" (Y/n) assured, Zenitsu still rambling on about (Y/n) being reckless.

"Fine I shall take you four with me!" Uzui gestured to Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and (Y/n). "There's no time to waste, we must head off now!" Uzui started walking out of the garden of the Butterly Estate.

"Try to keep up!" Uzui disappeared before reappearing down the dirt path, far away.

"I want to do that!" Inosuke immediately pointed his sword, running after Uzui instantly.

(Y/n) chuckled and shook his head, deciding to walk along the path, Tanjiro and Zenitsu walking by his side.

(Y/n) noticed Zenitsu was acting off, not as spry as usual.

"Hey Tanjiro, how about you go catch up with Uzui? I need to speak with Zenitsu!" (Y/n) suggested, gesturing for him to go. Zenitsu looked at (Y/n) when he said his name.

Tanjiro nodded unsure, though went ahead anyways.

"So Zenitsu." (Y/n) turned to face him, still walking, "What is it that's on your mind?" (Y/n) got to the point.

"It's nothing." Zenitsu tried to act alright, before tears welled up in his eyes, not able to keep his composure.

(Y/n) stopped walking, opening his arms, Zenitsu immediately hugging (Y/n), wrapping his arms around (Y/n)'s abdomen.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked gently, rubbing Zenitsu's back.

"I...don't want to die..." Zenitsu whispered into (Y/n)'s clothes, feeling like a coward, (Y/n) nodding in understanding.

"I empathize with you Zenitsu..." (Y/n) looked to the clear blue sky. "And it's okay to feel scared, it's natural."

Zenitsu kept crying, utter fear taking over his body, scared of what the future had in store.

(Y/n) gently pulled away from the hug, still holding Zenitsu's hand, starting to walk once again.

"Zenitsu, exactly what is it you fear?" (Y/n) asked, peering at the sky still. Zenitsu held onto (Y/n)'s hand before answering.

"I'm scared of..." Zenitsu trailed off.

"Are you perhaps scared of letting those around you down? You're scared you're going to die and disappoint them perhaps?" (Y/n) suggested, Zenitsu shrugging his shoulder nimbly, knowing (Y/n) is right.

(Y/n) then looked to Zenitsu, his (e/c) eyes shining in the light of the sun, making Zenitsu's own eyes widen.

"Zenitsu

Don't be scared of dying, be scared of living with nothing to die for."

"But...I just want to be happy..." Zenitsu whispered, looking down to his feet, still walking. "And what good would living be, if I'm not even happy?"

"Zenitsu...I think that's what every strives for in this world, to be happy and content." (Y/n) put his pointer finger to his chin in thought.

"Actually I don't even think it's happiness we ask for... just a little less pain."