Selfish

"Kocho-san!" (Y/n) called, smiling widely, holding a box in his hands

There was a light opening of shoji doors, Shinobu walking out. She smiled as she recognized the voice.

"Hello (Y/n)-kun, was there something you needed?" She asked lightly, (Y/n) nodding gently, Shinobu then peering down at what was in his hands. "What's that?"

(Y/n) smiled the biggest Shinobu had seen, an innocent excitement to be found in his eyes, "I was thinking..."

(Y/n) and Shinobu ran side by side in a forest, scoping out for all the separate estates of their fellow Hashira. They both split up, taking half the Hashira.

(Y/n) took the Serpent, Mist, Love, and Wind, Shinobu taking anyone left over.

One after another, they knocked on the doors of the Hashira, each of them confused, though agreeing to (Y/n)'s plan. Albeit some Pillars needed more convincing, though eventually agreed.

Now (Y/n) was at his last estate, the Wind Estate.

(Y/n) wiped his clammy hands, knocking gently on the door of the Wind estate.

But instead of the door opening, (Y/n) heard shouting. It did not sound close by; it was behind the house it sounded to be.

(Y/n) followed the noise, jumping on the roof, only to come to an interesting scene.

There was a fellow (Y/n) had heard of from Gyomei, Genya. The male had a mowhawk, a purple uniform, and a scar over his nose. 

But what caught his attention was the tears within Genya's eyes, and Sanemi standing over his fallen form on the ground, shouting.

"You are not my brother; I don't have a brother! I do not know who you are, so get off my Estate!" Sanemi shouted with hatred; the male crumpled pathetically on the ground letting one tear fall down his face.

(Y/n) hopped down from the roof silently, going behind Sanemi, who was still shouting profanities.

As (Y/n) raised his hand, Genya noticed him behind his brother, about to say something. But before he could utter a word, (Y/n)'s hand moved faster than his eyes could travel, chopping his brother on the base of his neck.

Sanemi's eyes twitched as he realized what just happened, though before he could turn and strike who did it, his purple eyes rolled into the back of his head. He fell forward, onto Genya, with a heavy thud, his body having gone slack, frothing at the mouth.

Genya caught his brother's heavy body, looking up at the male who did it, putting on a tough act. Though it is hard to act tough when you have dried tears on your face, your face flushed with crying.

"No need to be scared." (Y/n) smiled gently, "I have just come to collect your brother." He said calmly, bending down beside Sanemi's fallen form. "He will not be out long, probably a few more seconds, so get ready."

Once more, before Genya could say anything, Sanemi's purple eyes shot open, a crazed look within his eyes.

He shot up like a bullet, landing behind (Y/n)'s kneeling form.

(Y/n) turned around, his eyes sharp, Sanemi glaring at him.

"How dare you lay hand on me, on my own estate at that." Sanemi demanded to know, reaching for his katana. "It is against Corp rules, I have reason to slay you where you stand."

(Y/n) got up, and what came from his mouth shocked Sanemi.

"How dare you!" (Y/n) shouted at him. "I know who you are Sanemi Shinazugawa, and you got some nerve! This is your only living brother and you are being an inconsiderate, selfish, prick to him!"

Sanemi opened his mouth to retort, but (Y/n) went on.

"Don't speak, you have no excuse! Do you know how many slayers have lost their families, their mothers, fathers, siblings?!" (Y/n) shouted, "You should count yourself lucky Shinazugawa, that he even wants to be near you!"

Sanemi's face hardened, though he said nothing.

"Even to I, you have been nothing but an asshole to me!" (Y/n) went on, a vein popping from his neck. "I'm done being nice to you, since that obviously doesn't work!"

Sanemi looked down to the ground, the usually loud and angry Hashira saying nothing.

(Y/n) heaved for air, calming himself, "I hope you realize how fortunate you are-

-for you won't know how much you have till you lose it."

"