Iguro Obanai

(Y/n) had somehow slipped out of the room without waking Nezuko, making sure to places her down on the bed gently.

(Y/n) slowly exhaled a heavy sigh, relief flooding his veins, knowing he'd gotten out without a hitch.

CRASH

"ZENITSU! CALM DOWN!" (Y/n) heard an entire ruckus going on, which made him sweatdrop.

"I'll just go on a walk...yeah...a walk!" (Y/n) decided, going towards the exit. He heard another crash soon after, making him walk faster.

Timeskip

(Y/n) sighed again, having no idea where he wanted to go. He didn't have to leave for the mission with Rengoku for a while, so he had basically nothing to do.

No missions were assigned, and it wasn't like he had any friends...well Giyu was on a mission, so no friends that were available.

(Y/n) just went so deep into his thoughts, he let his legs go on autopilot. His eyes also shut, depending on how he could sense things around him.

"Ouch!" (Y/n) yelped, rubbing his nose. (Y/n) looked at what he run into and sweat dropped, how hadn't he realized he was getting close to here?

The Serpent Estate

And judging by his senses, there was an Iguro Obanai home...and he wasn't happy.

(Y/n) was about to sneak away, when he felt a hand on the back of his haori. (Y/n)'s breath got stuck in his throat, he recognized who was behind him.

(Y/n) slowly peered behind him, expecting to see a pissed off Obanai, but instead he saw Obanai with...tears? Well dry tears on his face.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened when he saw this, "Igur-

"Save it." Hie voice was as cold and sharp as usual, if not more sharp, "Why are you here? Here to ridicule me too?" He snarled with more venom than (Y/n) had ever gotten from him.

"What? What are you talking about?" (Y/n) asked, confused, and even concerned for Obanai. It was naive and he'd probably end up hurt, but his kind heart wouldn't shut the fuck up.

"You know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about." Obanai scowled, Kaburamaru also hissing at (Y/n).

"I-I assure you I don't!" (Y/n) tried to tell him, but Obanai's grip only got tighter.

"Lier." Obanai denied, somehow picking (Y/n) up by his haori, and throwing him into a tree.

(Y/n) managed to maneuver himself to where he managed to push himself off the tree with his feet.

"I tell no lies Obanai." (Y/n) shook, bravely using Obanai's first name. Obanai didn't seem fazed, he was just shaking, tears pricking at his eyes.

Obanai was shaking with fury, embarrassment, shame, anger, sadness, regret, vulnerability, and worst of all, hopelessness. So many feelings he had tried to push down, were all barricading him at once. He felt tears prick at his eyes, hating this feeling of being vulnerable in front of him.

Obanai turned around immediately, not wanting to show weakness in front of (Y/n). Obanai quickly went to his engawa in his backyard, hoping to get away from (Y/n).

(Y/n) was debating going after him, and decided it would be best, even if they didn't get along.

Obanai heard footsteps come closer to him, and Obanai braced himself for a hit, punch, something.

Instead he felt a warm hand upon his back, making Obanai flinch.

Obanai's heterochromatic eyes then darted to the owner of the hand, (Y/n).

(Y/n) was tenderly patting his back, "Obanai...I know we've never gotten along...but what's wrong?" (Y/n)'s voice got smaller and smaller throughout the sentence.

Obanai was tempted to shove (Y/n) off, though (Y/n) spoke up again, gaining more courage.

"I learned this the hard way Obanai...

You can either say how you feel and potentially fuck things up, or you can keep it inside, and let it fuck you up.

It's a risk you have to take sometimes." (Y/n)'s eyes showed compassion, kindness, and concern for Obanai.

Obanai shook his head, "Why?" Obanai asked.

(Y/n) only smiled, "Cause I care about you. I know we were never on good terms, but...I'd hate to see you fall down the hole I did."

Obanai searched (Y/n)'s eyes for any form of other agenda, but he only found kindness in (Y/n)'s eyes.

"So tell me what's wrong..." (Y/n) sat down on the engawa, tenderly pulling Obanai down with him.

"Why...did you tell them?" Obanai asked, clenching his fists.

"Tell who what?" (Y/n) asked.

"Why did you tell them what you saw under my mask? Why?" Obanai's voice cracked in the last sentence.

"Obanai, I've never seen what is under your mask." (Y/n) furrowed his eyes brows in confusion.

"Then how did that information get out?" Obanai snapped, making (Y/n) flinch away from him. Obanai then realized what he did, and took a deep breath.

"I honestly do not know Obanai, it was probably some low demon slayer." (Y/n) shrugged his shoulders.

Obanai wanted nothing more than to go kill those demon slayers, but decide against it. Himself and the other Pillars were already under Kagaya's watchful eye, and they couldn't risk getting in anymore trouble.

"What exactly did they say?" (Y/n) asked, cautiously putting his hand on Obanai's back.

"They said..." Obanai didn't finish his sentence, feeling those same insecurities arising.

(Y/n) nudged him on gently, "They said... I'm a demon...a spawn of the devil...a...villain. Said I'd do more harm than good." Obanai's voice got angrier every word he said in the sentence.

(Y/n) shook his head, "And do you believe them?" He asked.

Obanai didn't know how to answer, he'd always told himself these things, so hearing it from others basically made him believe it.

"I-yes." Obanai looked down, feeling utterly defeated.

"Obanai...

A hero helps people even though it's hard, a Villain hurts other because it's easy

Which one do you think you are?" (Y/n) asked seriously.

Obanai then realized what he'd been doing to (Y/n), and basically everyone around him.

"Oh...I really am a villain." Obanai thought, chuckling outwardly dryly.

"Because Obanai personally..." (Y/n) looked up at the sky, Obanai looking at (Y/n) with fear in his eyes.

"I think you're a pretty good hero."