4. Antics

Classes began and we made our way down to Care of Magical Creatures, as we approached I saw Hagrid standing by a fence.

Pansy and Blaise were chatting away.

Meanwhile, Draco and I walk beside them in silence as we walked towards the lawns of Hagrid's hut, at the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

The Slytherins all gathered by the tree whilst the Gryffindors huddled by Hagrid.

"Er- well welcome to Care 'o Magical Creatures, now we-if ye' could all open yer' books then."

At this Draco being Draco had scoffed and attempted to open his book but failed.

"Open the books, how do you reckon we do that!" snapped his sneering voice from across the lawn, visibly Hagrid grew tense but nevertheless replied.

"Yer' can't open em? Well yer' have to stroke the spine ye see! Like this." and with that he took Granger's book and took two nasty fingers  and drove them along the spine, calming the creature book down. When finished, he handed the book back to Granger, "I think they're funny."

"Oh, yes terribly funny." Draco continued to my amusement, "Really witty, giving us books that try and rip our heads off!" Hagrid already tensed and nervous, seemed to have lost his thought then recalled it.

"Righ'then, so- so yeh've got yer books an'- an' now we'll need the magical creature of course. So I'll just be a minut'." As the giant disappeared I took a seat on a stump and Draco followed suit amongst Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle. Theo had skipped class as he had slept in.

While we waited for the big oaf to return, I absentmindedly was playing with the rings on Draco's hand, which he didn't seem to mind. Then a thought came to my head as I was bored and wanted some fun, I passed it on.

Whispering my idea to Draco he stood and leaned against the tree. "Gosh, this place has gone to the dogs if Dumbledore let this oaf teach classes. My father'll hear about this." I chuckled along with Blaise and Pansy as I watched Potter snap around trying to find the source undoubtedly already knowing. "Shut up, Malfoy"

Falling for my trap, I snapped and took a step forward, only allowing Draco to grab hold of my waist to pull me back, knowing the damage I could've done.

"Or what Potter?" I challenged.

Frightened other students took a step back, but Potter stayed stubborn. "Look at that Malfoy's got himself a girlfriend!"

And with that, I had had it, "I swear you better turn around and walk away right now Potter before I hex you!" my words fell with venom and disgust. Draco still having a hold on me, held me back from possibly punching the boy.

"Is Duval too scared to follow through with her words?" his words countered as if I were some toddler, and with that remark, Draco let go and I went charging at Potter, wand in hand. His face contorted from confident to fearful and he began to back away with Ron, whilst the Mudblood stepped to shield him.

I dryly laughed and narrowed my eyes at her, "You really think you can stop me, Mudblood. You really think that you are worth my time, because I think not."

I faced Potter once more, "Looks like you're the one who needs protecting. Though I can't believe your standards have dropped to resorting with dogs such as the Mudblood herself."

With that, I turned back but everyone was staring at me in fear. I looked to Draco who was amused with my antics but was surprised with my appearance.

I walked up to him and stood to face him, "What? What's wrong?"

"Your eyes, they're red. Again."

"Again?" I asked whilst, I pulled out a mirror and saw that the very eyes that had stared at me a few nights ago were now looking back at me once again.

As I was occupied with my eyes and I watched them go from a piercing red and return to my normal lilac color, Potter seemed to have reapproached me trying to hex me.

Though Draco, having my back as always jumped to his feet and looked afraid, "Dementor, dementor!"

Potter and the others snapped around and were scared for their lives, then when they caught view of the Slytherins again we all had our hoods up and hands out. "Oooooooh!"

It was hilarious seeing their faces.

And just in time, the giant oaf returned with a herd of creatures. The creatures I recognized because, back at home we had stables full of them. They were hippogriffs.

"Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone ready, right, follow me!" He led the class towards the fence and we watched as the creatures were gracefully walking amongst the grass.

The creatures had the hind legs and tails of horses, whilst the front legs, wings, and heads seemed to be of giant eagles. The large creatures were each their own color and it was amusing how they would play around with each other.

"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid cheerfully said, waving his hand for the creatures to gather at the front of the paddocks. "Magnificent, aren't they?"

I understood what the oaf was saying, I loved hippogriffs, but I would never agree with him aloud.

The half-giant began rubbing his hand together, "So, does anyone want to approach the beauty creatures?" He stood at the front, and I began to walk forward, whilst the class stepped back.

"Scar! Scarlett, what are you doing?" Draco and Blaise were beckoning for me to come back but I just kept walking until I was up to the fence. Potter however didn't get the memo to back up leaving him a 'volunteer' to Hagrid as well.

"Ahh. Okay Harry, Scarlett, c'mon up." He was surprised at my actions but nonetheless lifted Potter over the fence whilst I climbed over myself.

"Now these are proud creatures they are, never insult one, 'cuz it might be the last thing you do."

The warnings of Hagrid meant nothing as I knew what to do, so I walked up to one whilst Potter stood still. Everyone anticipated what would happen but I stopped in front of one and stood still.

"Be careful, now Scarlett that is Firefly, now she's fierce and very stubborn, now alls yeh gots to do is bow."

As I listened I stared into the green eyes that bore into my lilac eyes, and without the bow, only an instant later Firefly ran up to me. She began to nuzzle me and made a sound as if calling the others, and soon I was surrounded by friendly hippogriffs.

"In all my days, I've never seen a 'ippogriff react like that."

Struck by my actions Hagrid was left speechless, then he turned to Potter who was still glued to his spot. Hagrid tried to call over a hippogriff which I assumed was Buckbeat as he would call for him by name.

But the creature did not move, yet it looked upon me and I nodded as if giving permission to go.

Buckbeat walked towards Potter and stood facing him, the moment he stopped, Potter proceeded to bow earning a snicker from me. With that Buckbeat grew wild and backed away from Potter.

Hagrid stood in front of the boy and with that Buckbeat returned to my side.

"Hagrid, may I try something?" He nodded at my question and with that, I turned to my friends. "Draco, Blaise, Pansy, guys come here."

They were hesitant at first then walked towards me. They did their bows and were soon assigned a beast to themselves.

Hagrid was astonished by my antics but impressed nonetheless.

"Now, Potter." I sneered, "Come here."

He was hesitant as well but soon awkwardly shuffled to me. I looked to Buckbeat and back at Potter.

Buckbeat understood and soon bowed to the boy. Hagrid was still amused and lifted Potter onto the beast, he then continued with Blaise and Pansy.

I helped Draco onto his hippogriff and I climbed upon Firefly myself as she had lowered down for me.

Within a moment we all took off and flew amongst the sky.