24. Same Sky

When Firefly landed, I hopped off of her and walked towards the group of three.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age Hermione."

Black turned around when Granger shook her head and pointed to me, "No, Scarlett here is the brightest, not me."

I ignored the comment and turned to Buckbeat, "Do you plan on taking Buckbeat?"

Black watched me as I tended to the creature, "I was hoping to, yes. Is that alright?"

Without as much as a glance, I nodded and looked the creature in the eyes. "It's alright Bucky, he'll take care of you and you'll be safe." He clicked at me and then I turned to walk away, "Black. If he dies, you die too." I gave him a firm look, then I left.

When I walked back into the castle I met Fudge on the way, "Oh, Miss Duval I've heard that you are a very good student. Straight O's am I correct?"

I looked at him and nodded, "Yes sir."

I continued to walk tired, "Yes, well good luck in school dear. Goodnight." He then watched as I walked away waving a hand without turning. 

Walking to the common rooms, I collapsed on the couches beside Draco.

Concerned he sat up and pull my head onto his lap

Concerned he sat up and pull my head onto his lap. "Scar. Are you alright?"

I nodded and mumbled unable to think straight, "Mhm, I was with... time.."

I was asleep within seconds of lying down.

Draco's POV ~

I heard the common room doors open and before I could look Scarlett had fallen onto the couch beside me. I pulled her onto my lap, concerned, "Scar. Are you alright?" with that, she nodded, tired, and mumbled something.

"Mhm, I was with... time.."

She fell asleep within seconds of being in my lap. I played with her hair while I finished the book I was reading.

Her black waves of hair were soft and silky. Her face was illuminated by the light and her skin smooth and cold. I put my book to the side and lifted her up, trying not to wake her.

As I made my way to her room, she stirred in her sleep and turned to find comfort in my arms. I opened her door and walked in placing her on the bed.

She was still in her school robes so using magic I quickly changed her clothes into something more comfortable. I was considerate and made sure she was covered.

After a few moments of struggle, she was now wearing my sweatshirt and a pair of grey sweats.

I tucked her into bed and opened the window for her owl, as she would always make sure it was open at night. I cleaned up her room a bit and then walked up to her on the bed. I kneeled down beside her head and leaned in.

I kissed her forehead and watched as a small smile was at the play of her lips.

"I love you Scar. I always will."

On that note, I got up and left making sure the lights were off and the door was closed.

Feeling tired myself, I went to my room which was on the opposite side of the common room. I could see her door from mine and our rooms were quite similar though were different all the same.

I quickly showered and changed into some black sweats, I didn't bother putting on a shirt and proceeded to brush my teeth.

Refreshed I laid down in my bed and on the opposite side of where she was in her bed nonetheless. I always thought we would be, but she would never feel the same, though I would never stop trying.

Covering the blanket over my body I leaned back and looked towards the ceiling of my canopy, it was filled with the night sky.

A touch added by Scarlett, so that no matter what we would always be under the same night sky.

I turned onto my side and slowly drifted off with a smile on my face, as I thought of her