25. New Light

I was woken to the sound of Lei clicking on the desk. I opened my eyes and then realized I was in my bed.

The sun shone across my face and the light brighter than I've ever seen before. Today was going to be a good day, I was sure of it.

Although, I didn't even remember coming to sleep let alone changing and getting comfortable.

With the sight of my movement, Lei stopped clicking and flew over to the bed dropping two letters then she proceeded to fly out the open window.

I sat up and went through the letters, the first one was from my uncle, the second was signed anonymous.

Scarlett,

It had been a while since I last saw you. I can't wait for you to return but I won't be able to pick you up. So I've arranged that you go with the Malfoy's and they will bring you home.

Enjoy your last Hogsmeade trip today and everything you buy is on me. My treat. I have to go finish some things but be careful and I'll see you soon. Then you can tell me all about that new rescue mission.

Sincerities,
Gellert G.

I missed my uncle and I couldn't wait to see him again. As I finished reading the first one I moved onto the second one.

Miss. Grindelwald,

Beware the year to come, as it is one turned against you. Trust only the closest and take your own stand. Do not fear to take risks but remember that you have great power within. Beware of the chosen one for he may spread lies amongst truths.

Don't forget to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

x 09.03.1994

I didn't understand the reason for this note, other than the person who sent it knew me and that I was told to be careful with whom I trust. The date signed was September 3rd of this next coming year, yet I didn't understand the reason for the letter.

Forgetting the letters, I showered and changed into a nice grey dress accompanied by my black boots. I grabbed my wand and put my hair in a half up half down look. I slipped on my mom's bracelet and the necklace that Draco gave me tied it all altogether.

I gazed upon the black lines that ran down my hand

I gazed upon the black lines that ran down my hand. 'What could've caused this?'

I left my room and headed down the stairs towards the room that Pansy and Astoria shared. Opening the door and walking in I could tell they were both still asleep.

I quietly walked to Pansy's bed and laid down beside her bringing my face right up to hers. I poked her cheek and her eyes flew open. She let out a scream and fell off her bed waking Greengrass in the process.

"WHy?!" Pansy got off the ground and grabbed a pillow to try and hit me, "Why would you do that?! I could've died!"

"Okay, Draco." Sarcasm levels were high and I dodged her throws, "I wouldn't have let you die, Pansy. Just wake up and let's go! It's the last Hogsmeade trip! I declare a girl's day."

With the mention of the last trip, both girls jumped out of bed and quickly rushed to get ready.

"Alright, then I'll meet you in the Great Hall." 

I left the room while clothes were being thrown all over and shoes flying left and right. I walked out from the girl's hall and took a left running into someone, knocking them down.

I looked down to see who I ran into and it turned out to be Theo. He met my eyes and then stood up looking me up and down, "You clean up quite nice, Duval." His words were nice but his eyes full of lust and desire. "That split lip is quite attractive too."

"Umm, thanks, Nott. But if you'll excuse me I have to be somewhere."

Feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to be anywhere near him I began to walk away that was until I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

"Not just yet." A low growl was heard, before I could react and instantly I felt a pair of lips crash into mine, stiff and tense I didn't move.

Nott backed me up against a wall and was trying to force his way for dominance. I wanted to hex him but before I could do anything to stop him, he then was pulled away and soon appeared on the ground.

Blaise was hovering over him, then soon an entire fistfight was initiated. Blaise was beating him badly but Nott was trying his best to fight back.

Sooner or later Draco came running down the stairs and separated the two boys, "What happened? Blaise, what are you doing?"

He looked to Blaise but kept a hold on Nott.

"Draco, it wasn't my fault I had to stop him from hurting her! I know she can take care of herself but not this time." He gestured to me and Draco made eye contact as if asking for confirmation, I gave him a slight nod and Blaise continued.

"He kissed her without her consent and held her against the wall. She couldn't move so I punched-" before Blaise could finish his sentence another punch was landed.

This time it was Draco's fist directly to Nott's face. "Don't you ever! Ever go near her again! Do you hear me?" Draco growled at Nott and then pushed him away not waiting for a response.

Before any more words could be exchanged the girls came out laughing and linked arms with me.

Shocked, I looked over my shoulder on the way out and met the grey eyes that were already searching for mine.

I've never seen him liked that, I saw him in a new light from a different perspective.

I turned back around and tried to forget the events as I continued to breakfast with the girls.