28. Forbidden Forests

Scar's POV ~

When we arrived back at Hogwarts, Pansy and Astoria had gone back to the dungeons while I took a stroll down a winding path.

As I followed the path I ended up in a clearing surrounded by trees. There were flowers everywhere and then out of nowhere Thestrals began walking into the clearing.

I was hesitant at first, but then I walk further into the field and laid down on the grass. The Thestrals surrounded me and grazed along the grass, they did their own thing while I did mine.

I would come here every day after discovering the place. It was calming and soothing a place where my thoughts didn't invade my mind.

Time seemed to stand still and I would lay there for hours until one day another student came across the hidden clearing. Luna Lovegood.

I sat up and she walked over to me, "Hello there, Scarlett." I nodded but stayed quiet and laid back down.

"Can you see them?" I looked over to where she was now feeding a baby Thestral.

"Yes, I have been able to see them since I was four." she looked at me and nodded, "I'm very sorry then. That must be hard. May I ask why?"

I looked up to the clear sky that you could barely see through the trees. I met her eyes once more and thought back,

'It was getting dark one night, a night of the full moon. I was playing out in our backyard with my cousins and then all of a sudden my parents and came running out. My older cousin, Genevieve she had grabbed her sister, Annabella, who's just younger than me and maybe older than you. Anyways Gen grabbed Bella and ran, leaving me alone. I know she never meant too but my parents were already running towards me. I didn't know what was happening until it was too late.'

I took a deep breath and continued looking down at my hands.

'My mom had grabbed me and ran, while my dad stayed behind to do who knew what. The only thing is my mom tripped which then sent me flying through the air. Luckily I landed in a bush, but unfortunately, the last things I heard of that night, were the screams of my parents after their last words. Well, my father never got to say his last words to me but I did find a letter that was hidden. You see he wrote a letter every year in case something ever happened. My mother, however, when she noticed that I was hidden she quickly crawled up to me, gave me a kiss on my forehead, and told me, "Darling, I want you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul." and before I knew it she was gone. She ran to stand by my father.'

I stopped and glanced up once more to see her sitting before me, then my voice full of dripping venom and hatred, "And they were both ripped apart. By none other than Fenrihr Greyback himself. If I ever see him again I will slit his throat myself." When she met my eyes, she wasn't startled only, observed.

"I'm sorry to hear that." She paused then seemed to focus on my eyes alone, "Did you know that your eyes change from lilac to a beautifully, dangerous shade of red?"

I nodded and tilted my head, "I knew they turned red when I grew angry, but I've never had them described as beautiful before." I offered a smile which she returned.

"Yes, and when they are changing they swirl like a stunning storm. Then the swirls change the colors from lilac to red and vice versa."

She grabbed my hand and held it in a comforting way, "You really are something, Scarlett Duval."