13. Page 394

I awoke to the rays of the sun that shown through the black lake.

I tried to move but was stopped by a weight around my body. My eyes opened and I turned to see a patch of blonde hair fast asleep beside me.

Draco's arms wrapped around my waist and him pulling me into his chest. I looked at him and moved some strands of hair from blocking his eyes.

I slowly got out of bed without waking him up, I showered and got ready for the day changing into a black top, matched with some black jeans and some black boots.

I threw my hair in a bun and put on the bracelet that belonged to my mom. I brushed my teeth and wrote out a note to Draco saying I left for breakfast.

Upon entering the Great Hall I could tell the Gryffindors were jumpy, but turning to food, I grabbed a few apples and put them in my pouch

Upon entering the Great Hall I could tell the Gryffindors were jumpy, but turning to food, I grabbed a few apples and put them in my pouch. (I added an undetectable extension charm to it).

I made two plates for me and Draco and seeing as I was the only one up. And covered them storing them in my pouch. As for Blaise and Pansy, I made almost identical plates seeing as they are both pescatarians. {<3}

I began one for Theo and the goons but they walked in so I dropped it and headed back to the common rooms.

"Salazar."

The door opened and I walked towards the boy's dorm. I knocked on Blaise's door and waited, soon the door opened and there stood a shirtless Blaise.

"Good morning Blaise!"

Smiling he nodded, "Mornin' Scar."

I chuckled as I noticed a hair tie on the floor, "Anyways, come to my dorm in about fifteen minutes, okay thanks!"

I turned to walk towards my dorm, "Oh! Pansy you too!" I shouted over my shoulder and smirked knowing she was there.

Entering my room, I was quiet and moved without waking Draco. I set up breakfast at the small table and then headed towards Draco.

I kneeled down beside the bed and cake level to his face, "Dragon, it's time to wake up."

My voice was soft and supple. He stirred but didn't wake, "Draco come on it's time to get up. We have classes soon. Draco!" At the last burst of energy, Draco began to wake up.

I had grabbed a shirt and sweats from his own room on the way back, so he quickly showered and changed into those.

He used his spare toothbrush and quickly went to gel his hair, "No! Draco, no leave your hair. Please, for me? It looks better without the gel stuff."

I said and he dropped the gel and smiled, "For you." he muttered hoping I wouldn't hear. He walked out of the bathroom just as Blaise and Pansy walked in.

"Hey guys, breakfast is served." I lifted the lids of the food using a simple non-verbal levitation spell. We all sat down and finished our food before leaving for DADA hoping for a better day.

When we arrived at the classroom, we sat at our desks waiting for Professor Lupin. Almost in an instant, the windows went dark and Professor Snape walked in.

Potter and his friends immediately grew anxious, "Where is Professor Lupin, sir?" Potter asked gaining a glare from Snape himself.

"Professor Lupin is ill today. Nothing life-threatening of course."

On that note, he started the lesson, "Now, Professor Lupin has not left any records of the topics you have covered so far-"

"Sir, we've done boggarts, Red Caps, kappas, and grindylows," Granger added quickly to her interruption, "and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet." Snape said coldy, "I didn't ask for information, I was simply commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

"Now today we shall discuss." he paused and looked to me with a slightly fearful expression before continuing, "Page 394."

Everyone turned to page 394, and the words I fell across were, "Werewolves, but sir," said the Mudblood unable to stop herself, "we're not supposed to study werewolves yet, we're suppose-"

"Miss Granger," Snape spoke coldly and in a calm voice, "I was under the impression that I am teaching the lesson and not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394. Now."

My heart stopped and my blood went cold at the thought of werewolves. I wondered why this was a topic he chose knowing how I feel.

I wonder if this has something to do with Lupin.

The only thought that crossed my mind.

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" Snape asked. This information, I knew because I have always been good at recognizing werewolves, for my own protection of course.

Everyone sat in motionless silence; everyone except Granger, whose hand, shot straight into the air. Snape rolled his eyes and proceeded to ignore her.

She grew restless and annoyed, "Please sir, you can tell the difference between a werewolf and a wolf by their snout or size. A werewolf has distinct markings whilst a wolf might have scars."

Snape snapped, "Did I call on you, Granger?" he said with the utmost venom, "Ten points from Gryffindor."

Snape observed the class making mental notes, "I will be informing Dumbledore that Professor Lupin is well behind for a third-year class. You should well enough already know these such things."

He then gazed at me and Draco, "At least the most exceptional have a grasp at the subject." We nodded and started reading.

I began to grow anxious while reading only being reminded of my parents. I was unaware that my hand had made its way to interlocking with Draco's, playing with his rings in the process.

He understood and was running circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. It was calming and got me through the class.

When the time was up and the class was dismissed, I stayed behind to speak to Snape. Draco went ahead with Blaise, Pansy, the two goons, and somehow Theo.

When the class was empty, I walked up to the desk where Snape was sitting, "Sir, was there a reason you made us study werewolves today? I have some suspicions but I just wanted to be clear."

He nodded and thought for a moment, "Yes, and I apologize for the sensitive subject, by no means would I ever disrespect your father as he was a dear friend of mine. Your mother as well." I nodded and we gave a moment of silence in remembrance.

"Now, amuse me, what suspicious do you have?"