21. Sentenced

Everyone was bustling in the Great Hall as the day has just started. I sat at our normal spot with Pansy and Astoria. Blaise had just walked in with Theo and Draco was still sleeping in my room.

"Where'd you get that?" Pansy's eyes widened as she pointed to the emerald jewel that laid around my neck.

I smirked and lifted it up closer to her, "Why? Jealous Pansy?" she blushed and shook her head dropping the conversation, I turned to Astoria and handed her a letter.

"Greengrass, will you take this letter to the owlery and send it with Lei, tell her it's for Gellert." She nodded happily and took the letter to Lei.

"How did you ever get her to things for you? She's like a mini servant."

The blonde boy had finally showed up just as Greengrass left. "I mean you probably scared her into it but seriously not even the first-year boys do stuff for me."

"I don't know actually, she just was eager to help the one day and now kind of just does whatever for me." I smirked and returned to eating my food.

Moments later Astoria comes running back in and there are hundreds of owls flying after her. She comes running to me and I quickly jump out of my seat, "IMMOBULUS!"

I had grabbed my wand in time and all the owls froze midair. "What happened Greengrass?"

She was shivering and hiding behind me, "I- I don't know, I was talking to myself and when I reached Lei, I told her, 'Lei, Scarlett wants you to take this to Gellert' and then I resumed speaking to myself aloud and may have said something about wondering who Gellert was and then they all started screeching and flapping their wings. I began to ran and they chased me!" She was now shaking again, and I realized her mistake.

"You asked who Gellert was?" I faced her and held her my the shoulders and she nodded without meeting my eye, "That's the problem the owls, umm, they don't really like him and I forgot to tell you not to say his name aloud except when informing Lei. I'm sorry Greengrass."

I motioned for her to sit down as the rest of the students made their way into the Hall shocked at the sight of frozen owls.

Dumbledore walked in and met my eye, I titled my head showing him that this was an accident and he nodded waving his hand.

The owls disappeared all except Lei who stood in my spot at the table

The owls disappeared all except Lei who stood in my spot at the table. I kneeled down to her and fed her a treat, "Take the the letter to Gell, please Lei." She opened her wings and took off.

I returned to my seat and resumed eating once more. Draco started grumbling, "My father heard about the attack, I told him it wasn't on purpose and that it was my fault but he wouldn't listen," he turned to me, "Scar, I'm so sorry, but- well," I narrowed my eyes at him,

"What is it, Draco?"

I said harshly and he began to tense up, "My father sentenced Buckbeak to death."

It was my turn to tense and I sat still, frozen, "What?!" I said coldly and loud.

Many students were looking to me when I stood and walked to the teacher's table.

I stopped before the Headmaster, "Sir, you simply cannot allow Lucius Malfoy to sentence an innocent creature to death." I spoke with respect but hatred. I balled my hands and Dumbledore took notice sitting even more upright.

"Miss Duval, I suggest you calm down, it will not do you or anyone good if you get angry." He was so calm it annoyed me so I turned and walked out of the Great Hall.

I walked and walked until I was to angry to notice that I was deep within the Forbidden Forest. I found a stump and sat down picking pebbles up on by one and throwing it against trees, "Should you be doing that Duval?" I snapped my head to the voice and low and behold the golden trio stood.

"What do you want, Potter?" I spit his name and stood to face them. Ron took a step forward knowing I wouldn't hurt him, "What Harry is trying to say is are you okay, Scarlett?"

I tilted my head confused, "Why do you even care, it's not like you cared two years ago or last year." I was cold and I didn't want to deal with them, so I turned to walk away.

"Scarlett! We just want to talk!" Granger finally had spoken and it was clear that since she saw the Purity Rose she respected me, "Please just let us talk?"

I stopped with my back to them, "You have two minutes, and then I'm leaving." I turned and they nodded Potter stepping even closer, I held my hand out and he stopped before getting to close.

"Well Duval, or Grindelwald, shall I say?" he smirked as if he had just beat Slytherin for house cup, I kept motionless unaffected by his words. His face fell into confusion on why I didn't react, "Isn't it true? You live with you uncle don't you, you're a Grindelwald aren't you?"

I yawned and began playing with my nails, unamused with their speculations, "Are you done, or are you just going to continue to accuse me of lies." Granger then pulled out a book from her bag and handed it to me, "What is this? Do you expect me to take something from a Mudblood like you?"

She lowered her head and opened the book to show me the page that embedded my name.

I widened my eyes and grabbed the book setting it aflame at once, "If you ever breathe a word of this to anyone, I'll deal with you myself!" I spat venom at them and turned on my heel.

I walked back towards the castle but came across Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle instead. I walked up to them and could see that Draco was distressed and trying to figure something out.

I placed my hand on Draco's shoulder and he turned to face me. "Dragon, are you okay?"

He shook his head and pulled me into a hug, "I tried everything my father won't let him go free, I'm truly sorry."

"Draco, I know you're sorry because you never apologize," I said laughing and he lightened up, "It's okay but I don't like the trio, they went snooping and now.."

He held my eyes and rubbed my left shoulder, "What did they do?"

"They snooped and now they know. They know who my family is."

His eyes grew cold and he began to walk away but I grabbed his arm before he could leave. "Don't. And besides I already threatened them, I told them I'd hex then if they ever told anyone."

After awhile we settled for watching Hagrid's hut from afar, we watched as he cried over Buckbeat and as Buckbeat just sat there calmly.