23. Howls In The Distance

Sirius had pulled Harry to a clearing with a view of the castle, they spoke while Granger was attending to Ron's injuries. I stood off to the side while Lupin held onto Pettigrew.

I was growing bored and looked at the beautiful stars, that was when I noticed it was a full moon.

I bolted upright and broke into a sprint for Professor Lupin, "Professor! The moon! Run!" At that very moment, it was too late and the presence of the moon became overwhelming for him.

The professor released the rat-like man and began clawing at his own throat. "Remus! My friend, did you forget to drink your potion tonight?" Getting no response Black tried to help his friend but failed.

Soon the place that once stood the professor now stood a werewolf.

I backed away hitting a rock with no place to go, then I spotted Pettigrew trying to make a break for it. I made a dash after the man almost running into Snape.

I had finally caught the man after a very short amount of time. "Miss Grindelwald, please spare me. Master would be pleased. Oh, Miss Grindelwald, please."

He continued to beg and writhe but I kept a stronghold on him. "First of all I ain't ever going to work for some 'dark lord', and secondly stop moving. Now let's go!" Venom was dripping from my voice as he proceeded to thank me even more.

"Oh thank you! Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up." I flicked my wand and he was a rat once more. I created a cage and held him captive in there.

A howl went off in the distance and with that I looked at the rat and smirked, "You know what, I won't kill you, and I won't let them either, but the dementors can have you."

At that, the rat scurried to the back of the cage and I made my way back to the group keeping a hold on the cage.

"Where is the professor, where did Black and Potter go?" I asked noticing they were gone. Ron and Granger were waiting on the rocks as I walked back.

"They ran out, Harry was trying to save Black from Lupin. Then-" Granger was kept ranting.

I looked to Ron, "They're just out there," he pointed to the distance, "Come on, can we go to the hospital wing?"

I nodded and Granger had stopped talking. With another flick of my wand a stretcher laid out and Ron settled in. I brought him to Madam Pomfrey Granger following behind.

Once we arrived I left the two and waited in the hall, along with Pettigrew in his cage.

"Pettigrew," I spoke to him quietly and he turned to me still frightened, "I will let you go on one condition." He was now listening and he soon stood on two legs providing me his full attention.

"I will let you go if in the future when I need you to do something or go somewhere, you'll do it." the rat began to nod furiously and I slipped him out of the cage.