15. Diagon Alley

warning : bit of a long one
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wake up! Wake up! It's here! It came! Uncle Gell wake up!" my little eleven-year-old self jumping on my uncle's covers.

"Alright, alright Scarly." He said with a smile and got out of bed. I ran downstairs with him following closely behind. We sat at the kitchen table while the house-elves prepared breakfast.

On the table was a brown letter and a velvet blue one, Hogwarts and Beauxbatons. Even though I had two options I already knew which one I wanted. Hogwarts, like my father as well as my best friends Draco and Blaise. I barely even acknowledged the Beauxbatons letter and held up the Hogwarts letter to my uncle.

"Now that you have your letter," Uncle Gell said, "We must go to Diagon Alley." I squealed in excitement and quickly finished my breakfast.

Afterward, I quickly changed into a black dress with some flats to match, my house-elf, Poppy curled my hair and sent me on my way. We flooed our way in and made our first stop at Ollivander's.

Walking in I ran into the back of a person, when I looked up I was met with green eyes and brown hair. But beyond the hair was something of a bolt, no it couldn't be, this was Harry Potter.

"Hello, Harry."

He was taken aback by my knowledge of his name, then reached his hand to introduce himself. I knew he was a half-blood and I didn't want to be rude so I politely declined his handshake.

"I'm Scarlett, Scarlett-"

"Grindelwald." I was cut off by the voice of an elderly man, Mr. Ollivander. I turned behind me to see where my uncle was seeing as he said he would stay outside.

When I turned back to Harry and Mr. Ollivander they were looking at me.

"Miss Grindelwald, welcome."

"Umm, sir it's Scarlett Duval." I corrected him because I didn't want to draw attention from my name. He gave me a look and then understood, soon turning to grab a box.

"Well, Scarlett Duval," Harry held my eyes once more, "It was nice meeting you. Will I see you at school?" I nodded and he turned and left with a half-giant.

In return, Mr. Ollivander walked back from behind some shelves holding a beautiful plain black box.

He took off the lid and gingerly picked up the wand with a fearful expression. He handed me the wand and it felt perfect. My hand was wrapped around the handle perfectly as if we were molded together.