5. Flights

Eyes closed and faces cold, we were all holding on tight. The wind rushed past us as the creatures carried us through the air.

When the creatures were soon gliding in the air, my eyes broke open and I let out a yell of joy. For the first time in a while my friends and I were smiling and we were genuinely happy.

Potter and his hippogriff had flown down to the water and were gliding below us.

Draco was sitting tall, hands in the air and a smile across his face almost mirroring Blaise and his laughs. Pansy was too amazed by the sky and the creature to hold her frown, that she broke into a fit of laughter as well.

The sight was enough to take your breath away, and the air was cool as we soon were gliding above the water as well. We took a left around the edge of the forest and saw the castle. The view was to die for and no one could believe their eyes.

We flew over the courtyards and watched all the tiny students below admire the sight above them.

"This Is Amazing!" I yelled and everyone began yelling along with me.

"Wooo!" Yes!" "I can't believe this!"

As the creatures were flying we were soon hit a weird presence, the others seemed to have fallen somber once again but I was unaware of the events as I felt relaxed.

With the sight of my friends, I turned and saw that we were being trailed by two dementors.

Grabbing my wand, I turned on Firefly and we faced the dementors as my friends and Potter flew on. I mustered the thought of flying on the hippogriffs and the joy it brought me, "Expecto Patronum!"

I yelled and two silver wisps flew from my wand. A silver dragon and thestral flew towards the dementors and sent them away.

With this, I steered Firefly back to where the others had landed. In doing so, Blaise and Pansy caught sight of my patronuses before they vanquished. They smirked and turned back to their creatures.

Hagrid was cheerfully waiting with the rest of the class as they waited for me to land.

When I landed, the hippogriffs all started on their hind legs and then bowed towards me.

I hopped off Firefly and walked towards Draco, Blaise, and Pansy. The other students began to slowly walk forward and bow but the hippogriffs seemed to only accept the Slytherins. I smirked and turned to Firefly to pet her.

Potter began to grow tense as he was angry that the Gryffindors were being excluded he grabbed the Mudblood's hand and pulled her towards Buckbeak, in doing so he marched too fast and I leaped forward trying to stop the creature's attack.

The beast came down with his talons but there was no impact instead there was a thud at my feet.

"Who's falling for who now, Dragon?"

The name rolled off my tongue just as well as it did from when we were kids. "Draco, why would you do something so stupid?" I began to play with his hair as I asked.

"You did it first." He responded with a slight smirk before throwing his head back to the ground in pain.

Before I could react, behind me rang the voice of the Mudblood, "Hagrid, you have to take him to Madam Pomfrey!"

Draco's POV ~

I watched as Scarlett landed with her hippogriff, it was graceful and stunning. As she landed all of the other creatures rose to their hind legs and bowed to her, she really is powerful and she is the purest wizard there could be, given her family.

The other students began to file towards us and our beasts but I noticed as well as Scar, Blaise and Pansy that only the Slytherins were being favored.

I smiled at the thought of the Slytherins finally being better than that Saint Potter's house. I looked at Scarlett who was watching Potter, her lilac eyes narrowed and her smirk began to falter.

As I turned to look, Potter seemed angry that the Gryffindorks were being excluded, he grabbed the Granger's hand and pulled her towards his beast.

In doing so he seemed to have angered the creature but he also seemed to grab Scarlett's attention and she was rushing towards the pair.

I noticed what she was doing and sprinted to her, I stopped infront of her and faced the beast as it's talon's came down on me.

I fell with a thud and then next thing I hear are the words that could send a shiver down my spine.

"Who's falling for who now, Dragon?"

A name she hasn't called me since we were ten. The name seemed natural and calming but then I was reminded of the pain.

She reached her hand through my hair, "Draco, why would you do something so stupid?" She cared I knew that, but I cared for her as well.

"You did it first." At that the pain began to grow and I threw my head back to the ground in agony.

Only to hear the voice of Granger, "Hagrid, you have to take him to Madam Pomfrey!"

Scar's POV ~

With that the half-giant picked Draco up and proceeded to leave the class, "Right, er- class dismissed, Scarlett woulda' please accompany me to the hospital wing."

I nodded and grabbed Draco's bag then left with Hagrid but not before telling Blaise and Pansy to get notes for our next class.

"It's killed meh! It's killed me!" I rolled my eyes at his antics and made my way to Madam Pomfrey along with Hagrid and Draco.

When we arrived Madam Pomfrey had said that it was only a scratch but he continued to complain dragging the dramatics through the dirt.

I knew he was going to do whatever he wanted and blame it on his arm if he ever got in trouble or caught.

He truly was a horrible but dramatic actor.