22. Whomping Willows

As we watched the events from above, the trio had made its way in our direction. I could tell Draco wanted to aggravate them so I nodded and whispered an idea even if it hurt.

"Ahh! Come to see the show!"

Draco turned towards them and gestured them to watch, "You!" Granger's face contorted into anger as she charged forward towards Draco. "You, foul and loathsome evil little cockroach!"

She held her wand to his throat while I said idly by knowing she didn't have the guts to hex him.

"Hermione, come on, he's not worth it." Ron began and started to walk gesturing for Hermione.

She let Draco free and turned to walk away but before I knew it I was punched by Granger seeing as I moved in front of Draco. I let out a dry laugh and narrowed my eyes on her.

I lifted a finger to wipe my newly split lip.

She realized her mistake and began to stutter and shake in her spot, "You better leave Granger, before I make you feel pain." And with that, they left as did we in the opposite direction.

Draco insisted that I go to the hospital wing but instead we ran into Snape who called for my assistance. Leaving Draco and the goons I left with Snape.

I followed Snape in silence and he led me down towards Hagrid's hut but turned and changed course towards the Whomping Willow. The tree was going crazy and I could feel as though I was being watched.

Snape had said nothing about my lip or what we were doing so I followed him silently and carefully.

I observed as Snape turned a knot in the tree calming it down. We walked into a tunnel and arrived in a building, the Shrieking Shack.

I've only ever been inside it once and that was to hide something of someones. Snape lead me through the house and up the stairs, "Wand at the ready."

He whispered and soon enough Professor Lupin was spelled back as for the notorious Sirius Black held at wand point.

"Ahhh! Vengeance is sweet!"

I ignored the conversation that was happening and turned to see none other than the trio once again

I ignored the conversation that was happening and turned to see none other than the trio once again. I smirked and dryly laughed, "You really can't stay away from danger can you?"

I was sarcastic and Potter just ignored me listening to the adults. I walked over to Ron who was shaking in his seat, holding a rat.

"What's wrong with you?"

He turned to me and shook his head, "Well before- before you came Black was tryna take my rat."

I smirked and lifted the rat from his hands, "This fat rat right here?" he nodded and watched as I cradled the rat in my hands.

"Expelliarmius!" Potter shouted hitting Snape, I snapped around still holding the rat in one hand whilst my wand in the other.

"POTTER!" he ignored me but flinched at my voice and continued to speak with Black.