26. Last Outings

The village of Hogsmeade was bustling and loud. Almost every student showed up because it was the last trip of the year. The shops were full and the streets littered with children.

"Alright girls, where do you want to go first? Remember anything you want is on me."

I wrapped my arms around their shoulders walking in between. Pansy was squealing with excitement that anything was basically free.

"Let's go to Honeyduke's and then Zonko's, ooh, and then Gladrags Wizardwear!" Pansy grabbed our hands and took off running with us following behind. Astoria was stumbling trying to keep balanced, "And then can we go to the Three Broomsticks?"

"Of course Greengrass." I smiled at her and then ran face-first into a window as Pansy hadn't slowed down when entering Honeyduke's.

"Pansy! Slow down, we have all day!" I held my head while Astoria opened the shop doors for me. She followed me in and we watched as Pansy was already filling up her hands. I turned to Astoria and laughed quietly.

"You might as well help her," she nodded and walked off towards Pansy, "Oh and Astoria!"

She spun on her heel to face me, "You can get some treats for yourself too." At this, her smile grew and she continued to help Pansy whilst grabbing somethings for herself.

After grabbing some licorice wands for me and chocolate frogs for Draco, the girls were back with their sweets. I paid the man and handed a small bag to Pansy.

"My sweets aren't going to fit in there, get me something bigger!"

I rolled my eyes and turned to her, "Pansy this bag has an undetectable extension charm, everything will fit."

Her eyes widened and she began to fill in the bag. Once she finished she stood satisfied with herself and then proceeded to drag us to Zonko's. We looked around for a while and left with a few things for fun.

We made a pit stop at Wizardwear and grabbed some new outfits just in time for summer.

Finally, we made our way to The Three Broomsticks, finding a table at the back. Each of us took a seat and began chatting as usual.

Madam Rosmerta soon made her way over to us, "Good evening dears!"

"Busy day Madam Rosmerta?"

Astoria had just returned from the restrooms, Madam Rosmerta nodded and chuckled lightly, "Yes very busy, now what would you like today?"

I turned to Pansy and Astoria so they could order first, "We'll both take a plain butterbeer." Pansy gave a nod of confirmation as Astoria answered the woman, who turned to me.

"I'll have a butterbeer with cinnamon sprinkled on top." her face fell and she shook her head, "I'm sorry dear we just finished the last of our cinnamon," she gestured to a boy sitting only a few tables away.

I scowled and stared at the boy, "Nevermind then, I'm fine."

She nodded and clicked her heels as she walked back to the counter. I turned to the girls, "Pansy, Astoria, I'll be right back."

I rose from my chair and went to sit at the empty chair across from the boy with the last cup of my drink.

He looked up at me from his book and took a double-take as he sat up straighter and faced me completely. Being unaware of another gaze upon me I continued to stare into the amber eyes that reflected right back at mine.

"Hello, can I help you?" he was confused but proceeded to make small talk

"Nah, I'm good," I replied with a  smirk and he continued to read his book then paused for a moment to look up.

"Where you from?"

"Here and there," I replied plainly.

"What do you do?"

"This and that," I began picking at my nails to show my boredom.

"You ever-"

"Now and then." I cut him off before he even finished his question.

He let out a laugh and put down his book, "Boy, you're just full of information."

I smirked and stood, I dropped two galleons on the table and grabbed his drink, and leaned forward, "Why, of course."

I turned and walked back to my table sitting down only to still feel his eyes burning into my side. Apart from his gaze I could feel the eyes of another but ignored the weird feeling.

The girls were astonished at my actions but weren't surprised. We continued to laugh and talk, finally, we got up to leave.

Before I even left our table, I felt a pull on my arm and stopped in my place. I motioned for the girls to leave and turned to face the person.

"I- I uhh never got your name." The boy with auburn eyes stuttered as he let go of my arm.

I countered and stood tall, "Tell me yours first."

He froze for a second lost in thought, and then met my eyes, "Forrest, Forrest Wood."

Wood was a familiar name but I didn't recognize it until something clicked, "You're Oliver's younger brother."

He nodded and chuckled, "Is it that obvious?"

"No, just your last name, so I kinda assumed. That would've been embarrassing if I was wrong."

He stared at me and then tilted his head, "So what about you?"

"Well, seeing as you're a pureblood, I'm Scarlett Duval. Now the big question is what house are you in?"

"Well nice to meet you, Scarlett, I'm guessing you're a Slytherin," I nodded and he continued, "It's good that I'm in Hufflepuff then."

I crossed my arms and eyed him, "Hufflepuff, so you're a good finder then. And how did you guess what house I'm in?"

He met my eyes once more and smiled, "See, you seem smart but you're not as stuck up as a Ravenclaw. Also, you asked which house I was in meaning you're not in Gryffindor and you mentioned blood status. Seeing as I've never seen you in my house that only leaves Slytherin. And I must be a good finder indeed because I also found the prettiest girl in here, did I not."

With that, I frowned at him and turned to look around. "I wonder where," I turned back to him and waved my leave, "Besides Forrest, I came to you, no if you'll excuse me, goodbye."

I left with a smirk and caught up with girls outside, unaware of events that happened after.