CHAPTER FOUR

the garden is filled with the intoxicating scent of fresh flowers, the uplifting energy of the guests and the chirping sound of birds in the distance.

it's an intimate setting. rows and rows of columns covered in long white lace curtains, towering over the aisle. less than a hundred attendees aside from staff, photographers and a couple journalists. After the guests take their seats on each side of the aisle, the groomsmen and bridesmaids also take their places one by one.

Yoongi stands at the end of the aisle, nervously chewing on his bottom lip, looking down at the floor. Namjoon reassuringly puts a hand on his shoulder smiling brightly until his dimples show making the older feel a little comforted. he looks at the front row where his parents are seated at one side and Nana on the other. She gives him a firm nod and that small act of approval gives him ten times the courage he needed.

The sound of the piano mixed with the violin and the cello, instinctively makes everyone rise to their feet and look back, except for Yoongi. he closes his eyes and takes a couple deep breaths before finally looking up.

There at the end of all roads, stands her heavenly sight.

The sun sets over the horizon patiently, and as she walks down the aisle a subtle wind blows the lace curtains around her making it all feel more magical if possible.

every eye is fixated on her, but hers only on him. as she gets closer and they completely lock eyes, Yoongi playfully scrunches his nose and gives her a thumbs up. trying to keep her laugh in, Soojin holds her bouquet of roses tighter, but her mouth quivers and as she finally comes to a stop in front of him she lets out a breathy laugh making him break into a gummy smile.

She turns handing her bouquet to JiJi behind her with a smile before turning back to Yoongi. he carefully lifts the veil and pushes it back. putting her full beauty on display. her honey rich brown eyes glisten, as a rose gold hue shimmers over her lids. he takes both her hands in his. a more serious expression on his face, he lowers his head to look into her eyes more directly.

"Forever and more?" he whispers.

Smiling through tear filled eyes, Soojin squeezes his hands and pulls him closer.

"forever and more"

•••

"come on! one last dance before we go" Soojin drags Yoongi by the hand as he throws his head back, grunting in exhaustion.

"is this how it's gonna be from now on?" he ask with a fake cry and she laughs circling her arms around his neck.

"this and more" she stands on her toes and kisses him sweetly as they slowly sway to the music together.

"i like more better" Yoongi says making her laugh again. he studies the pure expression of joy on her face shadowed in the dim lights of the garden. a cool night breeze swirls in the air and he tightens his grip around her.

no matter what's about to come, in that moment surrounded by the people they hold dear, they both feel contentment and peace at its highest.

after the song ends they leave the dance floor to their seats, but just then Manager Tren walks up to them an ipad in her hand as she goes through it thoughtfully, almost tripping on her high heels. Yoongi reaches out and holds her arm preventing her from an embarrassing fall.

"okay i'm sticking to my jogging shoes!" she complains and the pair laugh. "sorry to disturb you guys, but since you decided no phones allowed inside the party, security did a good job and there are no photos leaked online" she explains and Yoongi nods appreciatively.

"but...it would be a good surprise for your fans and a bonus to the media if you shared a photo yourselves. it'd be a personal touch" she suggests with a warm smile "no pressure tho"

"let's do it" He brings his phone out of his pocket and turns to her.

"alright then i'll leave you to it" Manager Tren says before walking away.

Yoongi takes Soojin's hand and guides her to a more quiet and intimate space in the garden, out of sight.
"i'll take it" She takes the phone from him and opens the front camera. he walks behind her wraping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

Soojin extends her arm far enough so that the frame would only capture their smiles, a glimpse of her dress and his hands resting on her stomach.
Just in time as she presses the button to capture the photo, Yoongi turns his head and kisses her neck gently.

"yoongi!!!" she whines tilting her head away from him before opening the gallery and checking the photo that turned out aesthetically beautiful.

"that's a beautiful shot..." He says kissing the skin right behind her ear before whispering slowly "...Mrs. Min"

holding onto his arms around her, She turns her face to him, now their lips a breath away. his eyes are overflowing with longing and her heart is filled with dancing butterflies to the brim.

"we should go back to the party, but let's post this first" as she reaches to open the app he gently takes the phone out of her hand.

"let Tren do it. we took the photo now let's just enjoy our time" he smiles taking her by the hand and back to the party. for some unknown reason she can't help but feel a little uneasy by his reaction, but she shrugs it off without a second thought.

•••

as they get ready to leave the party, the guests bid them farewell one by one.

"everything was so amazing, you looked so beautiful, i'm so happy for you Soo" JiJi says excitedly as she comes to a stop next to the newly weds.
Soojins takes her hand and wraps the other around Yoongi's waist with a smile.

"what is it with you girls and nicknames? what's wrong with Soojin? it's the most beautiful name i've ever heard. and what is JiJi even short for?" he bluntly asks clearly a little tipsy making Soojin giggle at his side.

JiJi squints for a moment, reading his expression carefully, not sure whether he's joking or being serious "it's short for Ji Hyun" she says through a tight smile before turning to Soojin with a wink "have fun" and she walks away.

"are you ready to leave husband?" She asks teasingly. slinging his arm around her neck he replies. "yes but that's too cheesy even for you"

Suddenly Yoongi stops in his tracks "wait! i'll see you by the car. just give me 5 minutes"

"wait, where are you-" before she can finish he's gone.

he searches the now almost empty garden and finds Namjoon talking to Nana.

"hey hyung, what are you still doing here? I was about to put Nana in a car" He says as he's holding her tiny purse and she's holding onto his extended arm.

"can we have a moment alone?" Yoongi asks Nana and she nods yes. Namjoon takes his leave and stands a few steps further.

"is everything okay? did something happen with Soojin?" She asks nervously.

"no no she's great Nana, don't worry" he shifts in his place before regaining his composure "i just wanted to thank you for the trust you've put in me. specially with everything that's happened over the past few months." He looks at the floor feeling all sorts of embarrassment, but Nana doesn't even flinch.

"i made a vow to her earlier today, but i wanna make one to you too. i wanna promise you that no matter what situation comes our way, i will never take her for granted, and i will put her above everything in my life. i promise you that with all my heart" he rests his hand on his chest and looks her in the eye. she stays silent for a long moment. after enough contemplating she takes a step closer and wraps him in a hug.

"i believe you son"