CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"i don't know how to feel about this" Namjoon says laying on the bed, his hips covered with a single white sheet and his chest still heaving. he doesn't deny his eyes from roaming over her body as she get dressed next to the mini grand piano on the other side of the bedroom. he remembers how he had admired her figure in that red dress on his friends' wedding day, and was captivated by how she handled herself back then, but he had never thought everything would get so complicated so quickly.

"how to feel about what?" She turns to him hands to her back buckling her bra. her voice comes out monotonously.

"i'm a little worried about how you're handling this" He lifts his upper body resting his weight on his elbows. his tanned skin glistens under the dim bedroom lights "after everything that's happened, i feel like you're brushing it off way too easily" he says and the concern in his voice matches the twisted brows on his face.

she turns to him with a questioning frown, zipping her leather skirt up "what am i supposed to do?" she grabs her black top from the armchair by the bed and puts it on "she's not answering my messages or calls and she has every right not to"

"is it possible that deep down you also don't want her to?" He reaches out cautiously taking her by the hand and pulling her closer to the edge of the bed.

She stands there idly. Kind of tired and a little nervous. He looks up intently making her feel like he's seeing more than what's actually there. after a second she pulls away and goes back to gathering her stuff "i'm not sure what you're implying"

Namjoon gets up with a sigh putting his sweatpants on. he doesn't say or ask anything further, but that one question seems to have been rattling enough as she stands by the mirror holding her heels staring back at her own reflection unmoving.

"i'm going away, and i'm probably never gonna come back" The younger says clutching her forearms tightly as they stand face to face at the entrance of her house. she looks around the dark empty alley nervously before turning back to her "i'm really sorry for leaving this way, but he's out of town and this is my only chance"

JiJi looks at her dumbfoundedly, not even sure if she's real or an after midnight hallucination. but a drop of her tear on her hand makes it all too clear that she is in fact standing in front of her "what are you talking about Soojin? why are you out in the streets so late?" She tugs at her hand trying to pull her inside the house but she tugs back harder refusing to go in.

a heavy fog settles over the fair streetlight above them and it makes her dim features the harder to read.
"i have to go JiJi, i promised Nana" Soojin sniffs and turns away she lets out a quiet sound. the older is not sure if it was a small hiccup or a short sob but everything about her is concerning enough for her to step into the alley and call out after her.

"where are you going Soojin? you can't be serious! look, whatever it is we can help you. you can stay with us, my parents will take care of you i promise"

Soojin stops in her tracks, her back to the older as she pleads as hard as she can confusedly. the dampened air adds to the eerie stifling silence between them. she lets out a breathy sad laugh and walks back up to her. reaching around her neck she takes off a small round locket and places it in her hand gently.

"take care of this for me, until i see you again"

JiJi looks at the worn out locket in her hand and the weight of what's happening slowly settles in. her vision starts to blur and she looks up slowly. her eyes searching the 15 year old's face desperately for any sign or flicker of hope but there's none. she pulls her in tight against her and they both quietly cry for a moment, neither one making it harder for the other.

"are you okay?" She almost drops the shoes in her hands to the hardwood floor startled by his voice so close. she looks at him wide eyed trying to find the line between reality and her thoughts and Namjoon catches on.

"why don't you stay over?" he cups the side of her face with one hand and she shrugs the question off with a forced smile "we've talked about this. this is as late as i'll stay" she stands on her toes and takes his lips in a passionate kiss.

"i sleep in my bed..." she pulls back with an expectant smile waiting for his reply.

Namjoon looks around his bedroom and thinks about how she's spent countless hours here and never once stayed over. about how it had been fun at first but recently he has found himself wanting more than just a hook up and that she doesn't seem to want the same. the air purifier trickling the side of the curtain catches his attention and only then he replies reluctantly with a tired sigh "and i sleep in mine"

•••

"so when we actually take this to court, you don't even have to be there" Han looks at Yoongi, waiting for a reply but he doesn't even blink. he visibly seems in distress. if not by the look on his face, it's obvious from the casual way he's dressed today. his white shirt stretched over his chest as the oversized plaid red and black overshirt hangs loosely on top of that. his eyes fixated on the phone in his hand. he unconsciously runs a finger over his lips while another finger hesitantly hovers above the send button.

it's been three weeks in total since he's seen her and a week since the last time he directly spoke to her and he wonders why she hasn't called or texted him at all, until his mind refreshes once again striking him with how everything had gone down and he scoffs at himself absentmindedly.
but Hoseok told him a couple of days ago that she's coming back today for a check up and he's been waiting for her call ever since. but nothing.

"Mr Min?"

he looks up and notices Han's expectant expression. he raises a brow and Yoongi struggles to come up with at least a fake reply. then he sighs and drops his phone on the desk. he rubs both hands over his face and into his hair revealing the grown out black roots of his blonde hair.
"i'm sorry, i'm..." he cups his chin in his hand, his brows furrowed in concentration "what were you saying?"

"i said the process will be easier since you have a witness, it'll be simple" Han repeats himself shorter and more to the point this time, expecting to get a sigh of relief, a nod or something out of him but the young rapper just gives him a sad smile before getting to his feet.
"i really doubt that Han"

he pushes the phone back in the pocket of his black sweatpants. pushing his fluffy hair back out of his face before putting the white cap on. almost out of hope he downs the last sip of his drink but just then his phone rings to life in his pocket. he hurriedly takes it out and his heart silently drops before he answers.