CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

the evening air felt cool against her skin as she hopped down the car. she carefully bends adjusting the slit on the side of her dark solid blue dress that was revealing a generous amount of skin on her thigh.
she waits in front of the restaurant doors as Yoongi hands the keys over to the valley before circling the car towards her. a sight she had once seen three years ago at the same spot. she thinks about how he hasn't changed much since then. he still looks at her with the same intensity as he used to when he walks up to her.

he's wearing a pair of fit black trousers and a black button up which as usual the collar hangs open loosely. he reaches back putting his wallet in his back pocket and the gap stretches even more revealing his pale chest and the delicate silver chain dangling around his neck. as he squares his broad shoulders straight she catches herself smiling admiring his figure. but she quickly looks away once he reaches her.

"i hope it's not too crowded inside" she looks at the closed doors and the glass windows. the seating area of the restaurant is not visible from outside as there's a waiting room in the entrance before the main hall.

"i'm sure it's not" he looks down at her nervous expression, and gently puts a hand on the small of her back, barely touching her but enough to make her realize she should move forward.

once the doors swing open the buzz of the restaurant can be heard clearer from the front area. after checking in a waitress ushers them inside through the crowd.

if he's being honest he's also nervous. it's their first public outing since everything went down with him. a few officious heads turn in their direction and though he thought he didn't care before, under their gaze he feels a little scrutinized.
she takes a glance at him and notices his struggle at keeping his cool as he puckers his lips to the sides nervously, forcing himself to look straight ahead. she brings a hand up resting it on his forearm gently. he flinches at her touch for a second but only out of surprise. it's been a month now since she's willingly touched him in any way. and the last time had been such a grand moment he had thought it would really be the last. so feeling desperate for more contact he glides his hand from under her palm and she thinks he's pulling away, but then he clasps her hand in his tightly and she squeezes back in response.

they take a couple steps up to the upper wing of the restaurant and reach the same table they had their first dinner together at. she always referred to that night as their first date while Yoongi had never considered it to be their first, since in his opinion the night had been too awkward.

taking a seat at the same place, she looks around the empty tables surrounding theirs, then at him with a question as he takes his seat across from her.

"i thought you'd like some privacy" he gestures to the gawking crowd on the lower level and she nods understandingly.

she turns and looks over the same lake outside the window. rows of string lights hover above the water and slightly swing as it seems a wind has picked up outside. the strings are a new touch, but the shimmering lights reflecting in the lake make her feel nostalgic.

the dim lighting of the restaurant carves out her features perfectly. he thinks the pregnancy has given her slender face some definition her lips look even more plump than before. She absentmindedly bites on the lower half admiring the view, and it makes him drown in longing. she turns around just in time to catch his adam's apple move under the smooth skin of his neck slowly.

"How are you adjusting to your schedule?" he abruptly asks and she looks up with a puzzled look. he returns the look with an amused face and it takes her a second but suddenly she remembers how he had started with the same question back then too, making her break into a huge grin. she shakes her head and locks eyes with him before containing her smile. she opens her mouth to reply but is interrupted by the young waitress approaching.