CHAPTER EIGHT

"you can't do that on company ground, learn from my mistakes" Yoongi hands the younger a glass of whiskey and another one to JiJi who sits back on the leather couch of Yoongi's office, her long legs crossed and barely covered by the silk fabric of her dress.

"but i couldn't care less about this...arrangement" Yoongi waves a hand between them before turning to JiJi with a straight face "but i need your help"

She brings the glass down from her lips and looks at him with a question "you do?"

"but before we can talk, you have to sign this first" he puts a pen and a stack of papers in front of her.

"an NDA?" she looks up with a scoff but despite his calm exterior she can sense the trouble inside.
"is this "help" in Soojin's benefit?" she ask with a sigh.

"more than you'd know" Yoongi replies and without a second thought she picks the pen up signing the pages.

"so? what do you need help with?"

"The girl in the video, they've tracked her down and ironically enough she's from Jinhae" Yoongi huffs tapping the end of his pen rapidly on the desk.

"so? there are thousands of girls in Jinhae, why would you assume i know them all?" she sips her drink but doesn't break eye contact, until he looks away.

"actually, you both know her. you've gone to school together"

JiJi pust her drink down, her expression thoughtful. "show me the video"

"so you haven't seen it already? it's everywhere" Namjoon asks giving her a skeptical look while searching the video up on his phone.

"unlike some people i'm not into that kind of content. specially if it's starring my friend's husband" she snatches the phone from him snarling.

"mute it please" Yoongi asks before she hits play.

a couple of seconds later she closes her eyes and hands the phone back to Namjoon. she finally looks up but glaring daggers at Yoongi. to her surprise, this time he keeps her gaze patiently.

"i remember her" she replies and he let's out a sigh of relief "but that's not all" she adds.

Yoongi squints with a puzzled look.

"i remember that after party too."

•••

it's been two days since Mark got her the pregnancy test kits. but she hasn't touched them or even opened her bag for that matter. but tonight as her symptoms worsen, the last taints of in denial fade away, and she finally decides to take them.

leaning against the bathtub, sitting on the floor, Soojin can feel a million emotions all at once.

but the boldest one is still fear.

this is so out of the blue and so far from reality for her, it takes her a while to accept it could be happening. maybe not now. but maybe someday.

She could be a Mother.

it's been countless minutes and the three tests are definitely ready by now. but every cell in her body is preventing her from moving further and reaching for the sticks.

"Soojin? i came as fast as i could, what's going on?" his voice gets closer to the room and once he sees the open bathroom door he walks in.

"what are you doing here?" Yoongi confusedly looks at her sitting on the floor and in response Soojin just looks up at the stone countertop in front of them. following her gaze he turns to see the three sticks lining up next to each other.