CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

as the door swings open, everyone hurriedly gets to their feet, except for Yoongi. he sits at the end of the semi crowded room, trying to cancel out all the noise. he wants to think rationally. he wants to come to a conclusion and ready himself for whatever answers may come through that door, but his thoughts are easily interrupted by not the sound but the white coat of the woman standing in front of him. it takes his ears a second to focus on the voices.

"...and right now, all you can do is wait" the sympathetic expression on her face doesn't seem convincing to him at all. he wants answers. real answers. even if it's harsh. he opens his mouth to ask but finds himself unable to. instead he grabs his jacket and leaves the room.

Jungkook proceeds to follow but Hoseok grabs his shoulder and stops him.
"it was all my fault" his voice cracks as he apologetically looks back at the older but he just shakes his head.

as he steps out of the building the cold night air immediately freezes his pale cheeks. fresh piles of snow covering the concrete stairs crunches under his feet with each step. he finally comes to a stop at his car. he doesn't get in or walk closer. yet he's close enough to see the two grey weekender hospital bags in the backseat and it's quite enough to make him feel nauseous. pushing his hands in the pockets of his long black coat, his fingers collide with a familiar shape. hesitantly he takes out the pack of cigarettes that's probably been there for the past two months. he takes one between his lips, contemplating to ignite it as he flips the lighter between his thumb and middle finger. her words coming back to him slowly makes him let out a small scoff.

"you say it's the last one, then you go and buy another pack" she holds his coat out in one hand and the sealed pack in her other, disappointment written all over her face as she stands at the closet entrance.

"when i say it's the last one, i mean it's the last roll. not the last pack" he says with a smug smile walking towards her, but her serious face under the freshly washed wet hair doesn't even flinch.

"i'm kidding"

he takes the coat and reaches for the pack but she quickly moves her hand away, raising her brows she motions him to continue. playfully swiping his tongue over his bottom lip he looks over her shoulder "it's the last pack i bought. months ago. i even forgot that was there"

her expression quickly goes from upset to concerned.

"i promise" he leans in and kisses her cheek sweetly while taking the pack from her.

"you say that a lot" she complains in a sarcastic tone, taking a seat in front of the vanity. she grabs some essential oil. a few drops in her palms, she rubs them together before running her hands through her hair. the usually warm and sweet smell of the oil feels a little too strong to her this time.

"i haven't smoked in months now Soojin" his voice comes from the closet as he places the coat back on the rack.
"i know! and you feel so much better, i can see that" she says enthusiastically.

"then why are you mad?" he asks leaning against the closet door in his black sweatpants and white shirt, his raven black bangs covering his brows, but still she can see his confused frown under there. she gets up and puts the brush in her hand away.

"i'm not mad...i'm...i'm...huge"

she suddenly breaks down covering her face in both hands, he looks at her in disbelief and trying not to laugh at the same time. he walks behind her, slinging his arms around her waist and resting his palms under her round belly. the smooth fabric of her long blue night dress gathering in his hands.

"you're perfect" he kisses the skin behind her ear and tries to slowly swing their bodies together "okay?" he asks quietly and after a moment she grabs his hands wrapping them around herself.