Delivery and Distance

Coming out from the bathroom, Bea's phone rang three times. She hurriedly went to her bedside table and got her phone thinking it was a call from Thirdy.

Unregistered number she thought.

She rejected the call as she is really cautious, lalo na these days na maraming scammer.

If it's important and if this person is really looking for me, this person should have sent a message first.  Then, Bea went to her table and got her Macbook.

Preparing to lay on her bed while waiting for her boyfriend's call, she saw a text message coming from the unregistered number earlier.

Mam, delivery po from Pizza Hut. Paki-sagot po nung tawag. It reads. 

Bea got confused. She did not order anything. Hindi rin naman anyone in their family because she's the one who usually orders online for them. She's pretty sure she'd know if it's one of them.

Then her phone rang. Looking at it, she recalled something that happened last year.

Ahhh. Oh my god, Ferdinand. Sino na naman kinutsaba mo?  Let's find out.

On the third ring, she answered the call. 

Bea: Hello?

Delivery Guy: Good evening, Mam. Sa Pizza Hut po ito.

The voice sounded familiar to her kaya napangiti sya as she was trying to suppress her laugh, so she replied in an annoyed tone.

Bea: Hoy, Van! Naki-ride ka pa talaga sa kalokohan ng kaibigan mo ha. Last year it was AD. I won't work this time. Ang annoying nyong magkaibigan. 

Hearing this, the delivery guy laughed a bit on the other line. 

Delivery Guy: Mam? Hindi po prank 'to. May delivery po talaga kayo from Pizza Hut. 

Bea: Van, come on! I'll drop the call na. Sayang load. Humanda talaga sa'kin si Thirdy.

Then Bea dropped the call without a second thought.

----

After a short while, someone knocked on Bea's door. 

When she opened it, it was one of their househelps.

"Bei, may delivery sa baba. Apat na box na pizza, nakapangalan sa'yo. Ilagay ko na ba sa entertainment room, doon kayo kakain nila mommy mo?" 

OH.MY.GOD! I thought it was Van. Nakakahiya! She thought. Gusto na lang nyang lamunin ng lupa dahil sa ginawa nya kanina.

"No need na po, Manang. I'll take care of it na lang po. Will go downstairs in a while. Thank you." Bea told her while trying to stop herself from laughing.

"Okay, sge. Iwanan ko na lang muna sa table." said their househelp.

"Okay po." She replied then closed her door when she saw her going downstairs.

When she fully closed the door, she was thinking of messaging or calling the number earlier.

Super nakakahiya talaga. Then she facepalmed. It was then that her phone rang. She got to the bed and answered it right away.

"Hi, babe. Did you get--" Thirdy said on the other line only to be cut off by Bea.

"It was you, noh? I swear, Thirdy. Super nakakahiya." 

"Huh? What are you talking about? I was about to ask if you got the pizza na pina-deliver ko dyan sa inyo. Surprise!" Thirdy asked, confused why Bea is acting like that.

"Alam mo bang gusto ko nang lamunin ng lupa ngayon because of what I've done earlier. I swear, Thirdy, if you were here sa Philippines ikaw 'yung masu-surprise ng hampas ngayon."

"Why? What did I do na naman? That's a peace offering nga for the prabk AD and I pulled off sa'yo last year." Napakamot na lang ng ulo si Thirdy.

"Grabe. Super nakakahiya, Thirds. Urghh." Bea groaned in frustration habang natatawa sya sa sariling nyang ginawa kanina.

"Babe, can you please tell me the context muna? I'm so clueless here."

Then Bea told him what happened. Thirdy was laughing so hard when he heard the story.

"It's okay, Babe. Just wish na next time, hindi sya magde-deliver ng order mo. Feeling ko markado ka na sa kanya eh." He said while wiping the tears that came out from his eyes because of laughing so hard.

"This is your fault talaga, Thirdy. Annoying!" Bea said and the rolled her eyes at him.

"Hahaha. It's okay, I know you like me annoying you. And be honest, miss mo na rin ako." He winked at her.

"Nakakainis ka talagaa." And Bea rolled her eyes once more...

"But, yeah... I miss you..." She said softly na parang nawala na lahat ng inis at hiya nya because of what happened earlier.

"I miss you, too, Isabel. Don't worry, I'll go to you when the situation gets better sa Philippines. If pwede lang, I'll fly there na because I miss you and everyone there." Thirdy replied in a sad tone.

"I'll wait for that and pray hard that the situation gets better here. I don't want naman na uuwi ka tapos mamaya magkasakit ka na naman. Swear, Thirds. I cannot handle the anxiety, the headache, and the crying anymore. Be safe na muna dyan, please." Bea replied recalling what transpired last time nung nabalitaan nya na Thirdy caught the virus. 

"Yeah, I will. You, too. I know you're excited to play na pero please be safe rin. Okay?"

Bea just nodded. "Anyway, thank you for the pizza, babe." 

"You're welcome. Mag-sorry ka ka kuya ha." Then he laughed again.

"Nako, ewan ko sa'yo. Please naman next year, if you want to do this talaga every year, tell me or anyone naman dito sa bahay. Para naman hindi na ako mapahiya." Bea's tone was kind of pleasing kasi she felt really embarrassed sa ginawa nya kanina.

"We'll see about that, Babe. Haha." Thirdy's reply earned an eyeroll from Bea, of course.

- END -

Hi. Hehe.