Spaces and Uncertainties

Some things just aren't that simple
You called me wondering why I changed
Or why I don't look the same
Why are things so differently now?

The songs that's playing in Thirdy's car seems to reflect his thoughts now. He has been with his girlfriend, Bea, for more than a year. He doesn't know what happened to him, but one day, he just woke up feeling so confused.

He is questioning his love for Bea. Thirdy is not sure if the love he feels for her is still genuine. Was he just carried away by the things their fans often tag him? Did he just want the love, assurance, and the validation she can give him?  He doesn't know. He is so confused right now. And he doesn't want to be unfair with her.

Thirdy knows that Bea loves him, so much, as she often tells him. That's why when he felt this way, he began hurting, too.

Well, people think that if you are the one who feels the confusion he is feeling right now, every thing is easy. Like you don't feel for the other person, but it's not like that. He is hurting because he knows Bea's capacity to love. She loves with no boundaries. He is also hurting because she is very important to him, yes, even of he feels that way. Bea is one of his very good friends even before they got together. Losing her as a girlfriend and a friend will put him in so much emotional pain.

So tonight, he is going to do what he thinks is best for them. He is just waiting for Bea to arrive in the parking lot, so they can talk. He doesn't want to be unfair with her anymore. Ayaw na nyang iwasan si Bea and pag-mukhain itong tanga whenever she messages him for updates about her, which they usually do, and when he had to look for an excuse pag gusto syang makita nito.

He was snapped out of his reverie when someone knocked on the window of the shotgun seat. She's smiling at him and it hurts him. How can he hurt this woman he's looking at.

°°°°°

Bea saw Thirdy's car immediately. She just walked from Eliazo to the parking lot just to clear her mind and to, somehow, prepare herself of what might happen tonight.

Days ago, he seemed so distant. She knows something is wrong because she is not used to Thirdy being like that-- distant and cold. She thought he is just having a hard time with acads and basketball that's why he just let him do his thing. But days passed and it's still like that. No constant talking and updates from him. Until this afternoon came when she received a message from Thirdy asking her to meet him in the parking lot.

She knocked on his car's window and flashed a smile. "Lord, whatever happens tonight, please help me get through this." She prayed quietly. Then, she opened the door and settled herself at the shotgun seat.

She immediately kissed him on the cheek and hugged him. Thirdy hugged her back, but his hug felt different. "Hi, Bubb. How are you? I miss you na. I think it's been a week since the last time we saw each other." She said with a hint of tampo in her voice.

He just gave her a weak smile. "I'm okay naman. Just got so busy with many things." He replied. And then there was silence between them. Bea decided to break it by handing him the paper bag with a jar of cookies she baked last night just because she couldn't sleep.

"Bubb oh, I made cookies kasi last night eh. It's a big jar, para you can eat some snack even during class." She said while putting the paper bag at the back seat. "Pagdating mo sa unit mo, ibaba mo na 'yan ha. Don't leave it here, for sure onti na lang makakain mo kasi uunahan ka pa nina Van na ubusin yan." She said almost laughing.

Thirdy was looking at her through the rear view mirror. "Bei, let's talk muna." He said with a very serious tone. Bea stopped talking after that, she just nodded. Her heart started beating nervously, so she began to play with her fingers. She is now fidgeting because of the emotions she is feeling.