Twenty and Eight

December 2019

Bea heard someone rang the doorbell outside.

"Thirdy" she thought. Nagkayayaan kasi sila to hang out in LGV. It has been a while since they had a chance to hang out together.

Also, Thirdy has Julia now. So medjo malabo na talaga for them to do what they usually do dati. According to him, they're not officially together, but they're going out. Bea doesn't know really what do you consider it as. Courting stage, mutual understanding, or on the way to girlfriend-boyfriend stage? She doesn't understand.

But one thing is clear, Thirdy is with someone.

They've also settled whatever feelings they have for each other days after the volleyball championship. Because that day, nabulabog ang mga fans nila. And videos of that championship hug were all over social networking sites that day.

That made them talk about everything. And they settled with just being good friends. Although both of them know they could have been more. And they could still be more than just good friends. But, they just know it's not the right time yet, if there is for the two of them.

When Bea opened the main door, hindi nga sya nagkamali. She immediately saw Thirdy standing outside. So she hurriedly went to the gate and opened it.

"Hey, Thirds!" She greeted him and Thirdy leaned in close for a beso.

"BDL, finally! Tagal na since last time we did this. Here oh." The guy handed her a paper bag with a bottle of wine inside.

"Wow. May pa-wine. Iba talaga 'pag MVP." She said as they head inside.

"Wow to you, too. As if she's not the finals MVP! And as if hindi sya tagapagmana ng ni Mr. Elmer de Leon!" Bea rolled her eyes at him when he said that and just laughed.

°°°°°

They are just talking about a lot of random things while drinking the moscato Thirdy brought. This is what they usually do whenever they hang out together. Endless talking, eating, a little bit of drinking, and a lot of bullying each other.

"How are you and Julia na nga pala?" Bea opened the topic.

"We're fine naman. Still the same. Going out together most of the time. It's fun, actually." He said while looking at his wine glass.

"Well, that's good to know. Does, uhm, does she know you're here?" She was thinking if she should ask the question, but she did anyway.

"Yeah, we were together kanina when I texted you. So I just dropped her off their house and then went here." He explained.

"Saw her post ah. You got yourself a supportive one, Ravena. You should not let her go." She seriously said talking about Julia's birthday post for Thirdy.

"We'll see. I told you naman 'di ba, we're enjoying each other's company. No need to rush things naman. We're still young. There are many things to explore pa." And there Thirdy is again, telling her that.

"Okay, up to you. I was just saying." She said, not knowing what to say after what Thirdy said.

"Saka I don't plan on marrying someone this early. I think I'll marry at the age of 28 pa. Maybe. Kaya, I'm taking my time. I'm focusing din sa goal ko to do more. You know that naman."

"That's nice at least you plan to settle down din naman pala. Akala ko you'll be playtime forever eh."

"Hoy, Beatriz. No ha. I also plan to have a family naman. Just you wait, okay? Isa ka pa sa unang makakaalam." He said and laughed.