Lions and the Turtle

Elmer just parked the car in the garage. He got curious as to why Det is just standing there and not going in the house.

"Hon, may problema ba?" He asked his wife.

"Nothing, Dad. I just noticed a car stopped in front of the gate, baka sa kabilang bahay." As if on cue, when Elmer looked at the gate, he saw their daughter coming out from the shotgun seat of an unfamiliar luxury car.

Thinking that it was just one of Bea's friends who took her home, he motioned his wife to go inside with him and just wait for Bea inside. But just before they turn their backs and go inside the house, he saw a familiar man get out of the car.

Upon seeing the man, his facial expression changed. His small eyes, which Bea got from him, turned narrow. Obviously, he's not happy seeing the man with his daughter again. Wala nga atang duwag na Ravena. Elmer thought letting out a sarcastic smirk and shook his head.

Det saw her husband's expression. She looked outside and saw Bea and Thirdy still talking, then turned her head to her husband who looks like he's about to go to the gate. "Dad, let's go na. Let's just wait for her inside if you really want to talk to her." She gently rubbed Elmer's back, like she's calming him down.

°°°°°

"Hey, thank you ha." Bea thanked Thirdy for taking her home. They just had a roadtrip today, something she has not done in months because she got so busy with volleyball training and office duties. In the morning kasi she works in one of the branches of their company. Afternoons to evenings naman are spent for training. 

"No worries. I'm happy we got to do that again even just for a short time lang. Puro na lang tayo eat out these past months eh." Thirdy said. They just started hanging out again three months ago. Hindi din nila alam how it happened, but one day they just found themselves in La Crepe. They just ate together and had a catch-up. And from there nasundan na nang nasundan.

"Yeah, I agree." She sniled a little at him. 

He went close to her and held her hand, "Hey, what I said earlier, I'm serious about it."

"Are you really sure about your feelings, Thirds? Be sure about it muna. I cannot risk my heart loving you again and then after some months, meron nang iba." Bea said it while looking straight to his eyes. 

She can still remember the look in Thirdy's eyes when he told her that he wants her back in his life. Not just as his good friend, but now as his girl. But Bea wants to make sure this time. She got so hurt when Thirdy told her that he already is going out with someone. Just when she thought what they had is finally worth taking the risk. Just when she has finally admitted to herself that she loves Thirdy, too.

There were times when she would ask herself where did she go wrong for him to get tired of her. Thirdy courted her twice and when they played their LPYs, they know to themselves that they are more than just good friends. She thought they had this understanding to just wait for their seasons to end. She thought they were just waiting for both of them to graduate with the championship title. 

But things got so messed up when Thirdy was introduced to a certain girl from Ateneo Babble. She just got the confirmation that he and that girl are going out when they had this talk in La Union. She was so drunk and frustrated at him back then that she had the guts to confront Thirdy about her feelings and about what she thought they are. That's when everything made sense. That's why Thirdy was suddenly not so available for the chill nights they use to always do with their barkada. That also explains why he doesn't bother her that much. May iba na pala kasing pinagkakaabalahan.