Apart and Together

It was another long night for Bea. She feels the need to rest her eyes after another long hours of crying. But she needs to wait for him, she needs to see her husband walk in their bedroom and to feel him lie next to her. She needs to make sure that Thirdy went home to her. Kahit 'yun na lang.

The past month has been hard for them. They lost their baby due to miscarriage. She is partly blaming herself for what happened. But, she knows she has to move on. She still has Thirdy and she can't dwell on the memory and her what ifs. Bea is more than heartbroken when she woke up on the hospital bed and knew that she lost their baby. The life she carried for almost five months.

She mourned and is still mourning. But, she has to be strong. Hindi sya pwedeng maging mahina because life still goes on. It should, even though she has lost their little angel. If only she listened to Thirdy and did not insist to look after  Keifer and Alyssa's son near the pool, hindi sana sya nadulas. Hindi sana sila nawalan ng anak. Masaya sana silang dalawa ngayon while waiting for their baby to be born.

°°°°°
Flashback

It was a fine summer afternoon. They went on an outing with Thirdy's family in a private resort in Antipolo. His family also considered Bea's situation kaya they opted to do it in Antipolo instead of another place na need pa nilang bumyahe ng matagal.

She is really entertained by Alyster, Kiefer and Alyssa's son. She was observing her Ate Ly take care of her son. The six year-old boy is very amusing. He talks a lot, super makulit, and bibo kaya people can't take their eyes off him. Siya ngayon ang apple of the eye ng buong pamilya.

"Love, super cute ni Alyster. Do you think our baby will be like that we he or she turns the same age as his kuya?" he asked her husband who is sitting on the arm rest of the couch where she's on.

"Baka mas makulit pa, Love. I was way more stubborn daw than manong when we were kids eh.  And you were also makulit when you were young eh. Mommy Det told me you were the type to move around the classrom kaya sya napapatawag. So mana-mana lang." He replied with a smile and leaned on close to Bea to inhale the scent of her hair. Strawberry. He thought. These days kasi 'yun ang mga gustong amoy ni Bea unlike dati na vanilla or citrus scent ang gusto nito.

"Hay, I hope our child won't give us a hard time. But, okay lang din basta he or she will grow well." She said and started caressing her small baby bump.

"I'll go to them lang, Love. Samahan ko si Ate Ly na bantayan si Alyster." She told her husband and slowly stood up.

"No na, Love. I think you should stay here na lang muna. Medjo madulas around that area Bei, you might slip."

"No, I'll be very careful. Promise." She insisted. Then they heard Mozzy's voice.

"Kuya, please help na muna si Papa and Manong sa van. I think they need an extra hand with the bags." Mozzy told Thirdy. Nahuli kasi silang dalawa ng asawa niya na pumunta sa resort because they had to buy some things pa for their stay.

"Okay, Ma. Love, please just stay here and don't go there ha. Madulas." Thirdy told her again with a serious tone.

"Okay." She replied and then pouted. After hearing her answer, Thirdy stood up and went to where Kiefer and Bong is to give them a hand.

"Hello, Bea, anak. Are you okay there?" Her Mama Mozzy went near her and she kissed her cheek.

"Yes, Mama. I want to go there but Thirdy is being over protective again." Pagsusumbong nya dito.

"Hay, nako. That's natural. Hayaan mo na, few more months na lang din and we'll see your baby na. We're all excited, anak. I'm sure your parents din."