Games and Boo-boos

Bea's hands are clasped together while her eyes are fixated on the TV screen across their bed. She is praying for her husband's team and for all the players to be safe and have an injury-free game.

This has been her habit for the past years whenever Thirdy and their friends have games. She would always pray for them before and during games kahit na magkalaban sila, just like in today's game na it's Thirdy's versus Isaac's team.

She knows how some games can be very physical, dagdag pa na Thirdy is very competitive every game. She always reminds him to slow down, but she can't do anything because that's really how he plays. Kita naman kahit nung nasa UAAP pa lang sila. Thirdy could be aggressive on court. That's also the reason why he is also a part of one of the MVP teams in the league now.

The ball is now in Thidy's possession and they were running towards the ring. A player from the other team was ahead of him, so he ran fast while dribbling the ball. Bea is now feeling tensed because she knows what her husband's next move is.

"He will dunk for sure." She thought. Well, watching him play since then made her familiar with his play style. Not that he is predictable. It's just that she knows him too well. And she used to be an athlete, too, so she would know.

Thirdy actually did. But when he was supposed to dunk the ball on the ring, naalangan ito when another player attempted to block him. Bea's breathing hitched when she saw what happened. Buti na lang Thirdy was able to maintain his balance, kung hindi, it would have been a bad fall.

She was really nervous. Actually, this is one of the reasons why Thirdy told her to just stay at home. He knows that she will be so tensed and stressed out seeing him play live. And he doesn't want that, most especially now that she's pregnant with their second child.

Bea can't deny that, so she just stayed at home. Medjo nahihirapan na din naman kasi syang gumalaw ng gumalaw because her baby bump is big now because she's going to give birth in two months. She felt her baby kick after seeing her husband smiling when his face was focused.

"Yes, baby, Dada's fine. Buti na lang talaga. Don't play like him, okay? Don't let Mimi worry too much." She said habang hinihimas ang baby bump nya.

She knows that when their baby boy grows up, Thirdy would surely teach him how to play basketball. She just hopes that their son would be as good, or even better, than his father when he plays, so he can pull it off, too. Thirdy might be like that on court, but that made him well-known on his craft. That made him THE Thirdy Ravena that he is now.

°°°°°

Third quarter just finished. Lamang ang team nila Thirdy ng ten points. She knows that the fourth quarter will be so intense since hahabol talaga ang kabilang team for sure. So she's somehow preparing herself while it's still commercial break.

Just when she got out of the bathroom, the bedroom door sprung open and she saw her daughter rushing in with a wide smile.

"Mimi, I'm home." Their seven-year-old daughter shouted and hugged her carefully. Lagi kasing sinasabihan ito ni Thirdy that she has to be gentle na pag naglalambing sya sa mommy nya. And Iza not wanting to hurt her yet unborn brother followed what her dad say.

Dani took Iza out today because she promised the little girl that she will take her to the mall. Pumayag naman sila since it's a Saturday and their daughter doesn't have class the next day.

"Hello, Ate Iza. Did you behave well while you're with Tita Dani?" She asked while tucking her little girl's loose hair behind her ears.

"Yes, Mimi. I behaved well, 'di ba, Tita Gorgeous?" The little girl turned to her aunt who just came in the room.