(No) Space and (un)Certainties

Second part of "Space and Uncertainties"

-----------------------------------

Thirdy didn't mind changing his clothes. He drove his way to LGV. He didn't mind the time, all he knows is he has to be in her arms. He wants to feel her warmth. The warmth that would make him feel he's home. That he has a home other than his family. He has to be engulfed in her arms where he doesn't have to feel insecure. Because he knows in those arms he can feel love and in those arms he can feel secure.

When he got to LGV, he did not ring the doorbell or even text Bea. He was just sitting at the hood of his car. He doesn't want to go inside yet as he is unsure of how he should start talking to her.

He was drowning in his own thoughts that he didn't notice a car halted in front of the de Leon's, not until it honked. Thirdy looked at the car and recognized it immediately. It's her Dad's car. He stood straight as he saw his Tita Det get off the vehicle.

He hugged her when she opened her arms for a beso. "Hello, Thirds! I haven't seen you for more than a week, I guess." Bea's mom greeted him.

"Good evening, Tita. Yes po. I was just busy fixing some things po." He politely replied, not aware kung anong oras na ba talaga.

"Ah, ganun ba? I hope you were able to do it naman." She said with sincerity in her eyes and flashed a small smile after that. For Thirdy, it felt like she knows something.

He slowly nodded as a response. That's when Elmer went out of the gate as he just finished parking the car.

"Hon and Thirdy, let's go inside. Dito nyo na ituloy 'yan sa loob. Mukhang ang tagal na ni Thirdy sa labas. Hindi ka ba pinapasok ni Bea?" Elmer laughed a little.

"She doesn't know I'm here, Tito. I haven't told her pa po." And then he scratched the back of his head as he shyly admitted.

"Kaya pala. Oh, siya. Pasok na." Elmer signalled the two to go inside.

Det told Elmer and Thirdy that she'll just go upstairs to change clothes and wake Bea up.

"You should've rang the doorbell kanina or texted Bea para nakapasok ka na dito. Nilamok ka pa ata sa labas." Elmer started the conversation. Nagmano naman si Thirdy dito. To be honest, he feels awkward. Who wouldn't be when he just caused this man's daughter heartache few days ago.

"It's okay, Tito, hindi naman po ako naghintay ng matagal." He said to Elmer.

"Saan ka pa nanggaling? I guess hindi sa bahay ninyo." Elmer said when he noticed what Thirdy was wearing.

"Oh, that, Tito. I came from Tagaytay pa po. Wedding po kasi ng cousin ko." Then he smiled at him.

"Medjo malayo ha. I think the reason you came here is very important. I won't ask what it is. I'll let you, two, deal with it. Malalaki na kayo. But, if you need us. We're just here. Okay?" Elmer said and then tapped Thirdy's shoulder. He just nodded, not knowing how to respond to what Bea's father said.

"Also, dito ka na matulog, hijo. If Bea won't let you sleep in her room, use the guest room. Just go home after breakfast, Okay?" Elmer said while walking towards the stairs. He knows Bea will be downstairs after a while. Gusto na din kasi nitong magpahinga since they just come back from Tarlac to visit Det's brother.

"Okay po, Tito. Good night. Thank you po." Thirdy said before the de Leon patriarch made his way to where the staircase is.

°°°°°