Playful and Protective

Just got home his morning jog, Thirdy was greeted by resounding giggles coming from the garden. Well, who else would it come from other than his five-year old daughter, Iza.

He went straight to the garden to check the reason for Iza's adorable giggles. Upon opening the the glass door, his eyes widened at the sight of Iza chuckling after his wife tossed her in the air. 

"Oh my God, Bea. Hindi 'yan bola." Thirdy said with a bit of nervousness.

Bea, shocked with the sound of her husband's masculine voice as a magugulatin, quickly  glanced at Thirdy before grabbing Iza. 

"Hi darling! Good morning!" She greeted him with a smile while tickling Iza who's now secured in between her arms.

"Good morning, love. But please, don't call me darling, that's how you call your friends. I'm not just your friend oh." He said in a bit of a serious tone.

"Okay, fine, good friend. Sorry na. Come let's eat breakfast na." Bea teased while Thirdy went to Iza to carry her to the dining.

"Mommy, later na! One more, one more!" Iza requested, waving her arms towards her mom. Bea was about to decline when Thirdy spoke again.

"That's enough na. You might get hurt, accidents can happen." Then he grabbed her in between his arms.

"Good morning, my beautiful Iza." Thirdy softly said while tickling her to divert her attention. Iza's laugh sounded like music to Thirdy's ears. One of the things he likes hearing first thing in the morning.

"Good morning, daddy. How about you na lang? Can you do what mommy did earlier? I want to fly more! Maybe you can toss me higher because you have bigger arms than mommy." She tried asking her dad this time.

"Heyyyy. I heard that!" Bea said which Iza did not mind much as she was busy talking to her dad.

"Dad, let's not eat yet. Come on! Let's swim muna then you do what mommy did but this time, in the pool. I'll fly, then swim." Iza proposed.

"No, no, no! That's too dangerous. I told you na 'di ba? You might get hurt, tapos in the pool pa." He declined.

"Mom, you na lang again. Even if Daddy has bigger arms, yours is stronger!" Iza said, tapping her own arms, trying to convince her mom this time.

"See? Mana talaga sa'yo. Ang galing mambola." Bea rolled her eyes at Thirdy.

"Wow! How about the 'Mommy, you na lang' with those eyes, Beatriz? Kanino kaya nagmana 'yung ganyang pagpapa-cute?" Thirdy answered with a smirk and stole a peck on Bea's lips.

"That was fast, Ravena." She said, then turned to Iza. 

"Let's eat breakfast first then we'll swim." 

"Yeyy! I'll change na, mommy. Then, I'll eat with you and daddy. Then, we'll swim! And swim and fly! Right, right, right, daddy?" Iza said with her pleading eyes, facing Thirdy.

"Swimming is okay, but the swim and fly? Still a no."

"Come on, Dad! Pleasey, pleasey." Iza's still insisting.

Thirdy looked at Bea, asking for help. He knows anytime he would say yes as he could not firmly turn down his daughter's request.

"Kaya mo na 'yan, love." Bea said smiling at him looking so torn between saying yes and giving in to Iza's request or saying no as a protective father he is. 

"Okay, Iza. But just one time okay. I don't want to see you get hurt if anything happens."

"It's okay, Dad. I trust you and I can be just like you. I'll still swim even if I get hurt." Iza said referring to the time when Thirdy still played after gaining a cut above his eye.

The latter looked at Bea upon realizing their daughter's reference. When their eyes met, Thirdy earned another eye roll.

Bea was reminded of that time when Thirdy was on the floor with blood gushing on his head. She was so worried that time. After the game, he earned a good scolding from Bea for playing even after what happened, most especially after knowing how he felt while he was on the floor looking hurt. She just calmed down when Thirdy explained his reason: Para sa Bayan. 

Thirdy and Bea were brought back to the present when Iza happily squealed while on her way to get her clothes changed.

"Oh, ikaw na 'yan ah. You promised her." Bea said with a smirk.

"Wala eh. I said yes na to her. But once lang talaga." Thirdy shook his head and heaved a sigh.

The three of them spent the rest of their morning in the pool, enjoying the sun: Iza having so much fun in the water and her parents stealing warm hugs and kisses from each other. Of course, Iza got her request to fly and swim, twice: once with her dad and another with her mom.

- END -

unedited, as always. hehe.