Losing and Winning

"Bei, this is for the best." Thirdy said as he held Bea's hands tighter. She knows he's being clear with want he wants to happen as he is not calling her with their endearment anymore.

"After years of waiting, look at us, we're here now. I believe that destiny will bring us back together again, Bei. But now, we just have to let go. Just for now."

The woman in front of him was just silent, she let him speak. Bea wants to know and understand his reasons, but she can't. Just like what he said, nandito na sila. Finally they're together, why do they need to let go? 

"I will be gone for some time, Bei and you know I can't focus on you. You don't deserve that." Thirdy spoke again.

"I am not asking for your time, Thirdy. It's your career, I won't be demanding anything from you. It's not a competition between me and your career. It really doesn't make sense to  me."

"But, Bea, please. Ngayon lang, pagbalik ko, aayusin natin 'to. I just don't want to be unfair to you. I need this, I need to grow. And I am also giving you your own space to grow. Then, when the time is right, I know we'll be back in each other's arms." He said looking intently in her eyes.

Bea felt defeated after hearing what Thirdy said. Who is she to deprive him of the growth he was aiming for himself? Who is she to keep him if he clearly wants to chase his dream on his own? She can't be selfish. She is not like that. 

"If this is what you really want. Then, okay, I'm letting you go." He cupped his face and put her forehead against his. There, she began to cry. 

"I'm really sorry I had to do this, Bei. I promise to make things right in time." He said and kissed her forehead.

She hugged him tight thinking this would be the last time she could do that. "I will always pray for you, Thirds. I love you so much, but if you think this will be what's best for you, I'm setting you free."

"I love you, too, Beatriz. I'm sorry we had to end it this way this time." He said.

That's how Bea and Thirdy ended their two-year relationship before he flies out of the country. He got an offer from a team in Australia and he can't just let something this big pass. He signed a two-year contract with the team. That was his dream since then and Bea supported him on that, but she did not see this coming.

Minsan, kahit pala pwede na at pwede pa, there are still some things that could go wrong. And, sometimes, it's not just a matter of timing. It is also a matter of how much two people really want to be together. They cannot just blame it on destiny alone, because they knew in their hearts that they had a choice.

One chose to go after his dream and one chose to let go. Those are their choices. They chose to go on separate ways and let life take them where they should be. Although, deep down in their hearts, they pray that they would still find their way back in each others arms.

°°°°°

Six months after Thirdy left, they did not lost contact. They still always talk. Sometimes, onece a day lang but most of the time they talk in the morning and then evening, plus the messages. Pretty much, it seems like nothing changed except their miles apart now.

Bea is happy with how Thirdy's doing in Australia. He told her that he's really learning new things, meeting people, and she can see how his eyes light up when he talks about his progress. But, it also made her think how she is now. 

If she's going to be honest with herself, she feels stuck. Yes, she's doing good but she felt like her life is so stagnant.

Nakausad na ang pagong, sya nandito pa rin, kung saan sya naiwan.