01

third person.

"won't you stay til the ammmmmm" the brunette, delilah, sung loudly throughout her bedroom. "all our favorite conversations"

"DELILAH" her roommate and best friend, may, yelled as she shut off the younger girl's music and stood in the middle of her room.

"fuck! may dont do that you can give someone a heart attack with that" delilah gasped holding her chest. "you scared the absolute shit out of me just now"

"sorry but i did call your name ten times and you didn't hear me so" the older girl shrugged.

may and delilah have known each other since they were in elementary school. they've been best friends ever since may told delilah there was toilet paper being dragged on her shoe and helped her get it off without anyone noticing.

once they graduated high school they moved into an apartment together so they could live out their dreams. may was studying to be a make up artist and delilah was a photographer.

both of their families believed in the whole nine to five job thing and they didn't really approve of the two girls lifestyles. so they packed up and moved to la, but they had already seen each other as family so they were okay with that.

"okay what do you want?" delilah asked her with a frown. "you ruined my one direction moment so let's make this quick shall we"

"whatever" may rolled her eyes. "i just wanted to tell you that i'll be out for a couple of hours"

"why?"

"i'm having that cute boy from my math class help me learn whatever we're doing in it" may move her eyebrows up and down at her.

"ah so basically you're just going to flirt with him as you pretend to not know what y'all are doing in your class?" delilah crossed her arms.

"yep" may smiled proudly.

"i still don't understand why you have to study math if you're majoring in make up"

"i don't know either man, it's just apart of the college experience i guess" may shrugged as she looked at the time. "i have to go i'll see you later babe"

"bye have fun lovey" delilah waved to her as her friend walked out of their apartment.

may goes to college for make up but delilah decided to take a gap year so she could see if photography was something she could really pursue professionally.

once she knew the older girl was gone, delilah grabbed her things such as her phone, keys, and jacket and made her way out of her place.

it was roughly close to eight o'clock at night but where she was going wasn't far from her place and no one ever went there.

may had a lot of friends out of the two of them since she was in college and she was a lot more outgoing than delilah. delilah stayed home most of the time, and when she went out she was either by herself taking pictures or going places with may.

all of her friends were back in her hometown, and even then she didn't have many. she doesn't have any siblings either but she's fine on her own, she usually finds it comforting.

once she got to her usual spot she smiled. during her nights alone in the apartment, which was pretty frequent, delilah would come out to this old park that had this old playground behind a tree.

it was basically like a tree house type of thing, but no one came out here, it was basically abandoned so delilah visited frequently so she could have some alone time with her thoughts.

when she climbed up the playground stairs she saw a figure that almost made her scream. delilah contained herself when she saw it was a boy that looked about her age sitting there.

"just great" delilah thought to herself. "uh excuse me?"

the boy seemed to be too into his thoughts to notice or even hear her speak to him making her groan. she walked over and lightly tapped his shoulder making him jump.

"ah!" the boy yelped.

"hi didn't mean to scare you, but you're in my spot" delilah told him.

"huh?" he asked still a little dazed.

"this is my spot sir"

"oh i'm so sorry" he apologized starting to gather his stuff. "sorry i didn't know, i just needed somewhere to go"

"and you chose an abandoned playground?" delilah raised her eyebrows.

"um yeah it was quiet and no one was around which i needed so i just sat down" he told her. "sorry for intruding on your space i'll get out of your way now"

"no it's okay, i'm just not used to anyone being here" she said. "it looks like you need the alone time more than me though so i guess i'll leave you to it"

"are you sure? i can go, i have somewhere to be in a few hours anyway so i'm going to need the sleep" he explained.

"no it's fine i come here all the time, i can go one night without it" delilah smiled. "and i highly recommend you looking up at the stars while lying on your back once it hits midnight, that's when they're the prettiest"

"oh cool thanks for the tip" he chuckled a bit as she nodded before starting to walk away. "hey"

delilah stopped and turned around to look at him with raised eyebrows.

"what's your name?"

"delilah"

"well hey there delilah, i'm zach" he said with a smile on his face.

the girl rolled her eyes, "okay i see what you did there, but it was nice meeting you zach"

"i know i'm really funny oh and thank you for letting me take your spot for the night" zach stated. "i promise i'll take good care of it"

"you better, i need this spot zach" delilah warned him jokingly.

zach saluted her, "yes ma'am"

delilah laughed lightly, "have a good night zach"

"have a great night delilah"

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

zelilah content asf
bye loves <3