04

third person.

"so what's the name of your band exactly?" delilah asked him after they had sat in silence for a while.

"oh um- we aren't anything big so you probably- um haven't heard of us" zach stuttered becoming nervous.

"i don't listen to bands zach unless it's, one direction or five seconds of summer, so you don't have to worry about me being an undercover fan" delilah laughed.

"favorite one direction song?" zach quickly avoided the original topic.

"A.M. easy" delilah told him.

"really? vanilla as fuck" zach shook his head.

"oh really? okay what's yours?"

"kiwi" zach answered with his chest puffed out.

"sir that's not-"

zach chuckled before cutting her off. "i know that's a harry styles- song i'm messing with you"

"oh thank god, i was about to leave" the girl sighed in relief.

"but to answer your question, it's alive" zach answered as the girl laughed. "what?"

"alive? really?" she asked as he nodded. "oh you- no never mind"

"no share please" zach sat up folding his arms.

"well you do know that whole song is about being addicted to sex right?" delilah mentioned. "i just find it ironic that you were judging my choice, when that's yours"

"excuse me missy i will not take any slander, alive is just fire i don't care" zach held his palm in her face so she was basically talking to it.

"i bet your second favorite is no control or temporary fix" delilah added.

"it's rock me actually" zach huffed.

delilah let out a loud laugh that made the boy smile slightly. "actually? dude i give up"

"i want to change the topic now, i feel judged" he whined.

"well let's go back to actually topic, what's your band's name?" delilah asked.

zach sighed, "why don't we"

"what?"

"why don't we"

"why don't we what?"

zach slapped the top of his head, "i hate that joke more than anything in the world"

"what joke? i actually have no idea what you are talking about" delilah furrowed her eyebrows.

"oh" zach said looking at her. "i'm just so used to people doing that, but um that's the name"

"but um is the name of your band?" delilah questioned.

"no but now i wish it was" zach chuckled. "our band name is why don't we"

"ohhhh yeah i've never heard of you guys" delilah said as she pulled out her phone.

"what are you doing?" zach asked.

"looking up why don't we"

"oh! okay well can you just not go crazy over whatever you find because people tend to do that and i just don't-"

"over five million followers on instagram, your full name is zachary dean herron, you alone have over two point three million followers on instagram, you are also the second youngest person to ever play at madison square garden- zach oh my god" the girl read out.

"how did you get all of that in five seconds?" zach asked looking at the girl's phone then back at her.

"apparently you're also a liar" delilah looked up at him with raised eyebrows.

"what? no i'm not!"

"yes you are!"

"how?" zach asked now confused.

"you told me your band was popular but 'nothing big' sir huh?" delilah said now showing him the phone. "how is that not big?"

"it's nothing huge yet" zach debunked.

"your cover of stitches when you were like fifteen got over ten million views within a week zach" delilah said slowly as if she was trying to get it threw his head.

"so?"

"so you're famous" delilah nodded.

"see this is the crazy thing i was talking about" zach stated. "please stop with the crazy thing"

"i'm not being crazy i'm just pointing out something you refuse to see" delilah shrugged.

"delilah" zach said making her look at him.

the girl sighed, "okay i'll drop it"

"thank you" zach breathed out.

"will you sign my forehead and my why don't we sweatshirt please?" delilah joked.

"shut up" zach shook his head trying to hide his smile but failing immensely.

"i see that smile herron" delilah said with a smile growing on her face as well.

"i hate you"

"you cant hate someone you just met"

"yes you can" zach disagreed.

"no you cant" delilah argued.

"watch me" zach said turning around so his back was facing her. "see i hate you now"

"well two can play at that game" delilah gasped doing the same as him. after about a minute of doing so- as if it was telepathic, they both turned around to face each other again laughing lightly and their immaturity.

"you're such a kid" zach laughed.

"hey you started it!" delilah voiced.

"good point" zach nodded. "what time is it?"

delilah then checked her phone, "it is three in the morning- oh wow"

"we've been here for three hours" zach said.

delilah slowly nodded, "yeah i've got to go before my roommate sends a search party"

"yeah i've got to head out too" zach said grabbing his stuff as she did the same.

they both walked down the playground steps and waved goodbye before going their separate ways with smiles planted on their faces.

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

hi ily
bye loves <3