46

third person.

"so when are you asking her out?" jack asked.

"why are you still talking to me?" zach furrowed his eyebrows at the older boy fully annoyed with his pestering.

the boys were finishing up a long day of press conferences and interviews and a whole bunch of meetings at the seavey household, and for the past ten minutes of down time, jack had pressed zach on how/when he was going to ask delilah out.

"i'm just curious, i mean you can't fuck this up. you only get one chance to ask her out" jack shrugged.

"i'm aware of that, thank you"

"but are you really?"

"jack if you ask me one more question i'm body checking you into that wall" zach deadpanned.

"okay i'm done" jack put his hands in surrender before he watched the door open to reveal his girlfriend. "evie!"

evie smiled brightly at the boy, "hi—"

"where's my food?" jack cut her off making the girl glare at him. "oh right i mean— hi my love i missed you very dearly"

"mhm, i hate you" evie then shoved his chick-fil-a in his hands while jack smiled sheepishly before reaching in for his fries.

"y'all are something else" delilah shook her head as she walked over to zach who instantly smiled when she came over to him. "hey"

"hello" zach hugged her and kissed her temple. "you look pretty"

delilah furrowed her eyebrows, "i'm in sweatpants dingus"

"i know that doofus, but you're still pretty" zach rolled his eyes. "oh by the way your birthday is tomorrow"

"i— z i think i'm aware of my own date of birth" delilah tilted her head.

"i know that, but what are we doing for it?" zach clarified.

"oh noth—"

"PARTY!" evie suddenly yelled, cutting delilah off. "we are throwing a party i don't care what delilah says we're doing it"

"i don't want a party" delilah groaned.

"don't care" evie shrugged.

"um why are we throwing the girl a party if she doesn't want one?" daniel raised his hand as if he was in school.

"because delilah has never had a birthday party, and she deserves one" evie explained.

"you've never had a birthday party?" zach asked the girl.

"i have, just when i was little" delilah shrugged.

"which doesn't count seeing as you were like six the last time you had one" evie voiced.

delilah rolled her eyes, "i was seven actually"

"that's still just as bad" evie persisted. "you're having a party"

"i don't want one"

"and i don't care" evie grabbed jack's hand and pulled him from the couch. "come on jack we've got some party planning to do"

"what? no i'm not helping" jack shook his head at his girlfriend.

"why not?"

"maybe because he actually cares about the fact that i don't want a birthday party" delilah insisted.

"shh sweetie the adults are speaking" evie waved the younger girl off.

"no she didn't just-"

"i know, i know" zach brought the girl into a hug, mostly to stop her from jumping evie for shushing her since he knows she hates that.

"i'm not helping because you're scary when you plan things" jack changed the topic back.

"no i'm not"

"yes you are!" the five boys corrected.

"since when?"

"since forever, we just never said anything because like jack said— you're scary" jonah voiced.

"oh, well i still need help" evie frowned.

"call franny, she knows how to deal with your very short temper" jack suggested.

"good idea!" evie then whipped out her phone and dialed the girl's number as she walked into the kitchen. "hi fran! get over here now"

"oh my-" jack shook his head.

"that's your girlfriend" delilah pointed.

"and that's your best friend, who also happens to be harassing your other best friend for your birthday party" jack mentioned.

"good point" delilah sighed.

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

quick question: so for my jevie lovers (jack & evie) would y'all like it if i wrote a book on them?? i mentioned how they started dating briefly in an earlier chapter and i have been thinking about writing one on them bc i love them and think the plot would be fun but just lmk if y'all like it and would read :)
bye loves <3