27

third person.

it had been about two weeks since delilah had seen or talked to zach. well she tried texting him here and there but ultimately started to give up when he would only give her one worded responses or tell her he had to talk later because he was busy.

she knew what he was busy with though. victoria. she would see it all over victoria's instagram and even zach's sometimes of them together frequently.

delilah knew she had no right to be jealous though, all she had was a simple crush that zach didn't reciprocate. as long as he's happy she kept thinking to herself.

having enough of wallowing in her own self pity she decided it was time for a distraction. this distraction however had her regretting it immediately after dialing the number, but it was too late to back out now.

"delilah?"

"uh yeah, hi hello" delilah stuttered.

"who is it?" a voice in the back that made her regret this decision even more.

"it's delilah" the original voice said as delilah sighed.

"delilah? why is she calling?"

"i have no idea you barged in with your big head before she could speak"

"my big- oh please, does she need money or something?"

"once again i don't know-"

"HELLO" delilah snapped. "still here you know"

"oh right, hold on i'm putting you on speaker"

"no you don't have to-"

"hello delilah"

the girl sighed once more, "hello dad"

"do you need money?" her father asked.

"andrew!"

"what? it's a simple question" he defended.

"no dad i don't need money" delilah rolled her eyes. "i was calling to talk to you guys"

"about what? you never call"

"i know that mom, but i thought i'd reach out" delilah stated. "you know? change some things"

"well look at that andrew it must be christmas" her mother started.

"francine..."

"seeing as that's the only time you reach out" francine continued.

"i'm well aware of that mother i just said i wanted to change that though" delilah sighed again. she figured she'd be doing that for a while longer.

"talk about what exactly?" francine pressed.

"do you have a stable job seeing as you protested against college" andrew sneered. "even your friend is in college"

"i know dad, i live with her" delilah replied. "and i do have a job, and i do think it's stable"

"well what is it?" her mom asked.

"it's um- well it's a job in photography and i know what you're going to say-"

"that is not stable delilah" andrew scoffed.

"let her finish andrew" francine slapped his arm. "continue delilah"

"uh thank you" delilah awkwardly coughed.

she always hated talking to her parents. especially about her career since they were never supportive of it so she just didn't talk to them. this is basically uncharted territory for her at the moment.

"i'm working for this girl group, yes they're a band, yes it's music another thing you don't agree with, but my pay is great, i may be able to travel with them when they go on tour, and my pictures— guys you should see them it's amazing" delilah gushed hopefully.

"why maybe?" francine asked.

"huh?" delilah furrowed her eyebrows.

"you say you may be able to go with them on tour, why isn't it definite if the job is stable?" francine clarified.

"well it's um still a bit up in the air if i'm their full time photographer. i've pretty much got it in the bag though!" delilah stammered.

delilah then heard andrew sigh knowing what was coming next made her skin crawl. "that's no job delilah, you should've gone to college like i advised instead you're this willy nilly picture taker for instagram. please aunt gretchen can do that and she's 80. goodbye delilah, nice talking to you"

the line then went dead and delilah felt worse than she did before, and this was supposed to make her feel better. she didn't know what she expected really, more like hoped they'd be more supportive than usual, but no.

——

delilah 🍄hey can u come to the park tn?

delilah 🍄
hey can u come to the park tn?

zach 🦖
busy. cant sorry :(

delilah 🍄
dude pls i haven't seen u in 2 weeks and i REALLY need to talk to u rn

zach 🦖
dee i really cant, i'm going out w vic maybe tmr

delilah 🍄
u said that last night.

delilah 🍄
and all the other nights for the past two weeks.

zach 🦖
bro i don't know what to tell u, i have a gf now i cant be with u 24/7

delilah 🍄
bro i KNOW that i'm just asking for this ONE time pls

zach 🦖
i promise u whatever it is u have to tell me can wait until tmr

delilah 🍄
😐

delilah 🍄
i talked to my parents.

zach 🦖
that's great dee :))

delilah 🍄
yeah ik u dropped out of high school and all but imma need u to read what i said again.

zach 🦖
cant vic is here, we'll talk tmr promise

delilah 🍄
yeah sure....

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

sooooo how y'all doinggg :)
ALSO I IMAGINED EMILY AND RICHARD GILMORE WHILE WRITING DELILAH'S PARENTS SO I HOPE YOU GOT THAT VIBE FROM THEM
bye loves <3