21

third person.

it had been twenty minutes since victoria had walked in and she had not yet left zach's side and he didn't seem too bothered by it.

the girls, and jack, had all done everything in their power to keep delilah distracted. it would work for about five minutes until she would hear zach's very loud laugh that was caused by the raven haired girl that would always catch delilah's attention.

they all felt immensely bad for delilah. they had just pried delilah's feelings out of her only for her to then see him with another girl, who was very pretty by the way.

once the girl saw zach go into the kitchen by himself, she quickly excused herself from the group and went into the kitchen as well.

"hey" delilah said which caused the boy to jump seeing as he didn't know she was there. "ah yes sir jumpy"

"shut up i'm not jumpy stop calling me that" zach playfully glared at her.

"i mean i wouldn't say you aren't jumpy, you always jump when i greet you" delilah mentioned.

"once again, you're always sneaking up on me" zach grabbed a drink out the fridge, getting one for delilah too as she gratefully took it.

"thank you" she smiled.

"no problem" he smiled back before tilting his head sensing something was wrong. "what's wrong dee?"

"huh? nothing just thinking" delilah shrugged.

"mhm i know that, but what are you thinking about exactly?" zach pressed.

"well um- who is victoria?" delilah hesitantly asked the brunette boy.

"oh" zach straightened up. "she's the girl over there, she was in our music video for 'i don't belong in this club' and we've been...uh close ever since then"

delilah narrowed her eyes at him, "close how?"

"well we're all friends basically"

"you two look a little bit more than that"

"what?"

"i mean all the guys greeted her with a platonic hug and a smile and you two had something else" delilah shrugged, realizing how she was sounding quickly tried to fix it. "don't get me wrong i thought it was cute"

"how did we come across as something else?" zach questioned.

"i mean she's been by your side ever since she got here and you've both been all over each other so i'm not buying the whole just friends thing you know" delilah explained.

"well we are so i don't know what to tell you dee" zach defended.

"okay chill, i didn't say it was a bad thing, i actually said the opposite" delilah fake laughed at the ideas forming in her head.

"yeah okay, we'll i'm gonna head back out to the group. you coming?" zach asked.

"in a minute i wanna get a snack" delilah lied as he nodded walking away. she sighed sadly not liking how comfortable zach looked with victoria earlier.

and as if on cue, victoria then sauntered into the kitchen grabbing a red solo cup and pouring some alcoholic beverage in it that delilah couldn't see the name of.

sensing someone looking at her victoria turned to see delilah standing there. "oh hey! i don't think we've met yet. i'm victoria" the girl genuinely smiled holding out her hand.

delilah fake smiled back as she shook her hand cursing internally at how nice this girl was so far. "hi i'm delilah"

"you're zach's friend right!" victoria excitedly light up as delilah nodded. "i've been waiting to meet you, he talks about you all the time!"

"interesting because he's never mentioned you" delilah mumbled under her breath which went unnoticed by victoria.

"so you and him seem very close are you guys... ?" victoria trailed off.

delilah instantly knew what she was implying. "no! no we're not together at all"

"oh too bad, you guys would be cute" victoria said even though her tone sounded anything but sympathetic. "well do you know if he is seeing anyone?"

"no i don't think so" delilah mumbled playing with the rings on her fingers until she pieced together victoria's motives. "why?"

"no reason, it's just— zach and i used to date and he looks like really good so i'm thinking we should probably get back together"

delilah's eyes widened at the reveal. "you two- y'all used to- huh?"

victoria nodded, "yeah we met during their music video and got along really well, started dating but we were like really on and off though, kinda miss him now"

delilah just blinked at the girl before snapping out of her trance and putting down her drink. "cool" she said before heading back out to the living room where everyone was.

"dee where's your snack?" zach asked.

delilah just shrugged before sitting down next to jack and leaning on to his shoulder silently. "if victoria asked zach to get back together how much of a chance would he say yes?" she whispered to him.

"one hundred percent" jack instantly replied. "he has no willpower with her"

"great" delilah breathed out sadly.

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

at least jack's honest about it 🤷🏾‍♀️
bye loves <3