03

third person.

it's been a few days since delilah had run into zach at the park. she's gone every night since then and he just wasn't there.

she was a little relieved since she had her special spot back, but a small part of her was also hoping she would run into him again. she didn't know why though.

"stop right there missy" may said as she sat on the couch. "where do you think you're going?"

it was currently midnight and delilah was trying to quietly make her way out of the apartment to go to the park since she assumed may was asleep in her room.

"why are you even awake?" delilah asked.

"i could as you the same thing"

"i asked you first!"

there was silence before may rolled her eyes. "you've been going out every night for the past five days at the same time and you don't come back until late and i wanted to know why"

"wait you heard me?" delilah furrowed her eyebrows. "i thought i was being quiet"

"babes, i love you but you are in no way capable of being quiet" may laughed. "you stubbed your toe on your way out last night"

"that table came out of nowhere" delilah pointed to the coffee table in front of them.

"it's been there since we moved but okay" may nodded. "now tell me where you are going"

"out"

"out where?"

"outside"

"DELILAH"

"MAY"

may then glared at the girl in frustration. "listen, i'm just trying to make sure you don't have some secret boyfriend you're keeping from me"

"oh trust me i don't" delilah laughed at the thought. "i just like to go out and watch the stars on certain nights, it calms me down"

delilah's grown up with a bit of anxiety her whole life. not too many people know about it, but her anxiety is another reason she goes to that playground a lot.

she ran into it when she was having a mini anxiety attack a few years back and she sat there to collect herself and the place just stuck.

"oh" may said immediately understanding. "it's a safe place though right?"

"yes it is" delilah nodded. "no one even knows about it anyway"

she knew that was a lie but she didn't want to go into detail about the boy she met once, because if she did she'd never leave.

"okay well you can go, have fun" may said waving her off.

delilah waved goodbye as she walked out of the apartment and made her way to the park. she sped up once she saw the usual playground.

she was a bit surprised though when she saw a familiar boy laying on the floor of it, looking at the stars as she climbed the stairs.

"we've got to stop meeting like this" delilah said with a small smile creeping on her face.

the boy jumped up, obviously startled, but calmed down once he saw it was her. "you have this tendency of catching me off guard huh"

delilah shrugged, "i think you're just jumpy"

"i am not jumpy" zach tilted his head as he held his chest acting offended.

"oh you so are jumpy" delilah laughed lightly as she sat down next to him. "this is the second time i've scared you"

"you are creeping up on someone deep in their thoughts around midnight in an abandoned playground" zach raised his eyebrows.

"that's a good point, but i'd rather think of you as jumpy" delilah taunted.

zach rolled his eyes, "so what brings you here tonight delilah"

"just needed a night to myself, you?"

"the same, i've got a few things on my mind"

"what kind of things?" she asked.

"everything" zach said vaguely.

"well if you want to talk about it we can"

zach turned to look at her, "no offense or anything but, i don't even know you really"

"i know but i think that's the best reason to tell someone what's going on" delilah shrugged.

"what?"

"i'm like a complete stranger, you can tell me anything you want and not have to worry about what i think because we don't know each other or have any preconceived notions" the girl clarified for him.

"that's...that's a good point" zach stated.

"so go ahead zachy, lay it on me" delilah joked.

zach laughed outwardly, "ew please never say that again, like ever"

"i don't know, i kind of like zachy" delilah smiled as she laid on her back to look up at the star with zach soon doing the same.

"i'm a singer, i'm in a band. we are pretty popular, nothing huge though but um" zach paused for a minute. "there's so much pressure that comes with it all"

"what do you mean?" delilah asked.

"like our management has us doing tons of shit at once, and it's not necessarily shit because it's for our fans who i love to death and it'll help us get to where we want to be but-"

"it's all a lot to handle" delilah finished for him in a hushed tone.

"yeah" zach agreed looking at her, but looking away the minute he noticed she was already looking at him. "i'm only nineteen and i know what i signed up for when i decided this is what i wanted to do but still"

"you have a right to feel stressed about it, you may have signed up for it but it's not your fault if you get overwhelmed by it" delilah voiced.

"i gave up high school and a normal teen experience for all of this, and i'm in no way ungrateful for the experiences i've been given at a young age" zach told her. "i just can't help but wonder what it would be like to have all of that"

"kids can be so mean, homework was ass, prom sucks, and graduation is long" delilah responded. "you didn't miss out on anything"

"but i did, i don't get to complain about those things like you do" zach sighed. "all of my band mates got those experiences but i didn't"

"so you'd rather have the experience than wonder what it was like?"

zach nodded, "yeah, a friend of mine used to say he would rather live with 'oh wells than what if's' and i like to think of it in that way"

"i like that" delilah smiled.

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

i put a little corey quote at the end cuz i miss him so much right now 🥺
bye loves <3