Chapter 8

"Hey," I arrive at the bar that Tory wanted to meet at.

"Hey girl!" She pats her hand down on the stool next to her," "What do you want to drink?" she asks.

"Whatever you have is fine."

"Another beer," she says to the bartender.
"So long day?" I ask

She sighs, "Yup. I've been trying to hit it off with Miguel but all he talks about is sam" she rolls her eyes and takes another sip of her drink. "Enough about me, what's up with you. Why you got so many needle marks on your arm?"

"Just tests at the doctor. Well, Eli oh sorry Hawk literally left me at Applebee's today and didn't tell me what he was doing. And turns out he was jumping one of our best friends"

"Well you're hot and so am I. So fuck them" She raises her bottle to mine and we drink to that.

5 drinks later

"Ha I should have not had this much to drink," I say slurring my words. "Fuckit, I could die anytime anyway" Tory stops drinking and looks at me confused.

"What?"

"Yea haha I have lung cancer and I refuse chemo"

"What did you just say? You didn't think to mention that!" She yells "fuck Hawks going to kill me" she mutters. "stay here" She walks out of the room calling someone.

20 minutes later and we're still at the bar. Tory looks around like she's waiting for someone until the one and only Hawk walks through the door. He does not look happy.

"What the fuck Lillian! You can't be doing this!" He yells. He grabs my hand and pulls me into his car.

"What are you my dad or my boyfriend" I laugh.
He shakes his head. "It's not like I was the only one who did something bad today, you jumped our best friend and left me at the restaurant."

"It was for a good reason unlike you who doesn't have a good reason for drinking this much. And I told you I was leaving."

"yea over a yelp review? Totally a good reason" I laugh.

"Whatever Lillian, I can't take you home like this. You're coming over." I don't say anything and we drive to his house. I must have fallen asleep because it felt like in 2 seconds that we arrived at his house.

"Princess wake up. We're here." He picks me up and takes me inside to his room. He places me on my bed

"Hawk did you know that I'm going to die soon" I laugh and he turns and looks at me, "Yea, don't look so surprised. We've all seen it coming anyway." He grabs one of his t-shirts and walks over to me.

"Who told you that? You aren't dying" He gives me the shirt, "Get changed".

"Oh but I am alright. My doctor told me today that my medication isn't working fast enough and if I don't do my chemo, I'll basically die."

"And you got the chemo right?" he turns around to let me change.

"That's funny babe. Why spend money on something that's going to go to waste?"

His face falls, "Lillian Hills you are getting that chemo. You are not fucking waste."

"Oh, what would you care. Not like anyone does. No one even noticed I was sick. My hair's falling out, my dad's in town, I'm dying. Life's a bitch" I fall back on the bed.

He pauses and sits next to me, "Go to bed. We will talk about this tomorrow." He puts me under the blanket and kisses my forehead 

"whatever dad".