Chapter 46

"Where the hell have you been! I just got told the worst news of my life and you weren't even here! I don't want to do this alone anymore" I ramble on. Eli walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm here now, baby. I'm sorry. You always say you don't want me at your appointments so I was just going to wait for you after."

I cry into his shoulder while his hand strokes through my hair.

"I'm sorry, I'm a mess," I say to him. He pulls away and places both his hands on my cheeks.

"Don't say that. Like you said you just got told the worst news of your life. You're allowed to be upset." he assures me.

I don't know what I'd do without him right now. If he didn't push me to actually come, I'd be dead.

"I'm really proud of you, you know." he pauses. "For coming today". He leans in and kisses me.

I pull away. "Thanks," I say, quietly.

HAWKS POV

The girl that I've had a crush on ever since I met her, is sitting right in front of me in such a deep hole. I've never seen her so upset and it kills me. It makes me so angry that I can't heal her, make her healthy. I can't give her the thing that will make her happy...for good.

I'm not dumb, I know she doesn't have forever. But I hope she'll finally realize what she won't have if she doesn't take care of herself. For as long as I've known this girl, she's always dreamed of starting her own family. Four kids, her husband and her, all in a nice house in New York. But if she keeps going the way she is, she'll never see that.

Right now, her head is resting on my chest as she sleeps peacefully. The doctor came in to check her stats and give her a new dose of medication. They said she'd be knocked out for a while because it's new and it's taking an effect on her body.

I love this girl with everything in me but I can't help but blame her for this. Her actions are most of the reason she's getting worse instead of better. I get it that she wants to live her life but she'll never have a future. Does she not want a future with me? Or a family with me? I know we're young, maybe too young to be talking about things like this but with the way, everything's going, it has to be talked about it.

She's the only person who will accept me for me, who will be honest with me and tell me when I'm being a dick. There's no one else like her and without her, I'll never survive.

Her hair is so blond and soft, her skin is smooth, she all around beautiful. I wish she'd see how perfect she is. That she deserves to live a long life.

LILLIANS POV

My eyes flutter open and I look around to see Eli no where in sight. Why is he always gone when I wake up. My mom is sitting down in the chair next to my hospital bed along with Mrs. Moskowitz.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I ask them, rubbing my eyes. I sit up against my bed and turn to them.

"Oh, honey you're awake! About two days. The new medication really knocked you out." she laughs.

I look around the room again, confused. "Where's Eli?" I ask them.

"He's picking up dinner for tonight. He should be back soon. Were going back to having friday night dinner traditions with both of our families" Mrs. Moskowitz answers, excietly. "How are you feeling, dear?"

"I've felt better. Everythings just a little fuzzy."

My legs don't hurt, no blood when I cough, the medication is defiently working already.

"You've been asleep for awhile. We can go home tomorrow morning since your body reacted well to the meds. Oh, also Johnny wanted to be here today but he had to pick up Robby today from Juvie." Mom tells me.

My mind can't comprehend everything their both saying, I'm still pretty out of it.

"That's fine. Can I have my phone?" My mom nodds and hands it to me.

I scoll all through my missed notifications. Missed calls from Miguel, Cameron, and Tory. I forgot I was supposed to hang out with Miguel today, well a couple days ago. And I also forgot I was supposed to talk to Cameron about Cobra Kai. I've been so wrapped up in this whole cancer thing that I completly forgot about everyone else.

"foods here" eli says, walking through the door. He stops in his tracks when he notices I'm awake. "Holy shit, you're awake!" He runs over and hugs me tightly and kisses my forehead.

"Yea....Eli I can't breath" I gasp.

He pulls away. "Oh shit, my bad". His mom lightly hits his back.

"Langauge!" she says.

"Sorry mom". Eli places the bag on the bed next to me and takes out packages of food. "We got you crispy chicken salad and a water" He hands me a package. "Another one for you and you".

"Thank you" we all say to him together and laugh. I make room for Eli next to me and he climbs up and sits down, resting his hand on my thigh.

Everyone is enjoying their meals. Life feels normal again. Besides being in a hospital room but it feels how it was before being diagnosed. Eli and I sitting at the table across from both our moms. Laughing, making jokes, and just overall happy to be together.

"So Lillian, what's the first thing you're going to do once you're back on your feet?" Mrs. Moskowitz asks.

I place my fork back on the container. "I don't really know to be honest. Probably go to the mall and get coffee" I say.

Both moms laugh. "You and your coffee addiction"

"No but really. Thank you all for being here. It really means a lot" I tell them. Eli leans in and kisses my cheek while both moms cry in awe.

"We all love you, Lillian. We're here for you" Mrs. Moskowitz says.

______________
a/n- this chapter took me foreverrrrr. I had no idea how I wanted to go with it and i'm still not sure if i'm satisfied with it lol.

I'm almost done with school so more chapters should come out a lot faster!

Enjoy:)

also omg sorry i forgot but i'm starting another hawk story! There's already a few chapters published but you should go check it out! I'll be working on both stories and probably publishing chapters for them at the same time.