Chapter 48

We've made our way around the mall a couple of times now. Passing each and every store but not going into any. The look on Eli's face is showing that he's bored but he tries to hide it. 

"Lill, I think it's time we go. You just got back on your feet, you don't want to push it" He says, facing in front of me. 

"One more stop, then we'll go." I lean in and kiss him on the cheek. I love how much he cares but then again, I don't want him to be my nurse. 

We walk up one more floor to find what I'm looking for. Each step I take I feel my body getting weaker and weaker. I ignore telling him because life finally feels like...life. It feels so good to be out and myself. With the five years or less, I have to give it all I got even if that means it gives me less time. 

He's rambling on and on about how well Cobra Kai is going to do at the tournament now that they have a couple of new students....including Kyler and Cameron. Even though the tournament is less than a year away, they're going to talk about it every day leading up to it. 

We make it to the top of the steps and I lean against the railing out of breath, exhausted. I've walked around this whole mall and have been fine but when it comes to steps, my body want's to give up.

"Hey, hey, are you ok?" Eli rushes to hold me. 

I smile up at him and stand straight up, "Yea, just needed to take a breath. Come on, let's go" I place my hand in his and we walk up to Starbucks. "I hate coming here. I mean the coffee is good and all but like there should be more coffee shops. Plus, they're hella expensive." I complain. He laughs, taking out his wallet to pay. I push his hand down and scoff. "No way you're paying. You've done so much for me this past week, I got it." 

He laughs, "I do that because I love you and you're....my girl" I can tell he was heading to say girlfriend but decided not to. We haven't talked about our plan for how long we'll do this but I really think what we're doing is working. So who knows if we'll ever go back to boyfriend and girlfriend. "So I'll pay and you aren't allowed to fight me on it" he leans in and kisses my lips softly. 

Once we arrive at the register, he starts to say his order and I secretly take money out of my back pocket and hold it in my hand enough that he can't see it. He tells them my order and the barista puts it on the computer. They give us the total and I forcibly put my hand in front of his and give them the cash. 

"Oh come on" he mumbles to himself. "Here take my money and give hers back. She's not paying," he tells them. 

"no, don't take it" I mouth to the barista and they laugh. They put the money into the register and push away Eli's. 

"Your drinks will be at the end" they continue to laugh. 

"Thank you," I tell them. Eli walks away angrily while I smirk following behind him. He leans his back against the wall, with his arms crossed, annoyed. 

"It's not a big deal, Eli. Don't be so upset" I laugh, unwrapping his arms and locking mine with his. I've never liked those couples who were very affectionate in public so there is no way I'm going to be one of those. 

"Not a big deal?" he questions. "Lillian do you not see that I'm basically your boyfriend and I'm supposed to pay, I'm supposed to open the door for you, I'm supposed to love you and spoil you." He sort of yells and whispers at the same time. Who would have thought me paying for coffee would push him over the edge. 

"You aren't "supposed" to do anything." I quote.  "I know you love me, Eli. I don't want you to buy me things or spoil me, I just want you to be there for me and love me. It's just coffee."

ELI'S POV

If only she knew it wasn't just coffee. She has limited time, I know she doesn't know that I know but I'm going to do everything I can with this girl. I'm going to spoil her and love her, I'm going to treat every time I'm with her like it's our last....because it could be. 

"You know what, it's fine. But this is the last time you're paying, got it?" I snap. I don't want to fight with her, especially since we are in the middle of the mall. 

My name gets called for our drinks and we both walk up grabbing whatever one is ours. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and we leave. Just as I thought nothing worse could happen we run into Kyler, Cameron, and Brucks. He still has bruises all over his face from what I did to him and it still doesn't make me feel bad. 

LILLIAN'S POV

Running into Cameron doesn't make me as nervous as I do when I run into Kyler and Brucks. I feel Eli pull me closer to him as they come closer. Although they are both now on Cobra Kai, I know Eli still doesn't like either one of them. The memories of them bullying him for his lip, besides Cameron, will never leave his head. 

"Hawk, Lillian!" Kyler says, excitedly, dabbing Eli up. Eli greets him but ignores Cameron and Brucks. Kyler leans in to hug me but I quickly back away. To my surprise, Eli never put his arm out to stop him from hugging me, he did nothing but stand there and watch. My heart starts to beat, excessively and my throat feels like it's going to close up. Seeing him never made me like this, only when he tries to do something to me. 

"We're going to grab food, you guys want to join? It can be a Cobra Kai get together" Kyler invites. I look up at Eli and he looks conflicted. His eyes full of annoyance but fear at the same time. 

The only thing I can think of is what he'll say. For me, he'd say no, but for him, he'd say yes because he wants them to think of him as one of them. But he can only choose one option. 

"Yea we're down," Eli says, confidently. 

_________________________________

a/n- ok so it's rumored that there will be a teaser for Cobra Kai season four released sometime this week. Not sure how true that is but like.... if there is one I'm not complaining.