Chapter 28

"Hey, Lill. Someone's here to see you. Says his name is Cameron. Want me to send him in?" Nurse Vic asks.

Cameron? How did he know I was in the hospital, I haven't spoken to him since the beach. He never texted me. Although we're just friends, I know Hawk would not be happy with me talking to him.

"Can you tell him to come back later. I'm waiting for someone" She nods and walks out. Part of me feels bad for not allowing him to see me but I am waiting for Hawk to show.

The chemo takes about two hours and I'm allowed to go home after. Which means, I'm going to have to go to school tomorrow. My mom already talked to the school and asked if my classes could be switched so I'm with Hawk in every. single. class. As much as I love him, I don't need a babysitter. I mean I could collapse at any moment but like it's not his job to watch over me.

I'm sitting in a chair getting treatment by myself. I did want Hawk to come, I just didn't want to
tell him that. Seeing him wanting to come made me so happy but now that he's not showing, makes it seem like he really didn't want to come.

"Ok, dear. You're all done. I'll walk you back to your room" Nurse Vic says and we walk back. When we get there I see my mom sitting there on the phone waiting for me. When she notices I'm there she smiles up at me returning to her phone call.

I'm laying in bed scrolling through Instagram. Just passing each photo of the car wash today for Miguel. It makes me kind of jealous that money gets raised to help him but I never got that. I hate saying it makes me jealous but it does. My mom is a single mother having to pay for chemo by herself. Seeing Miyagi do and everyone even Moon having so much fun while I'm here stuck in a hospital bed. It's exactly what I meant, that I'm living on the sidelines.

*Incoming facetime from Miguel*
"Hey" I say. 

"Hey. I was just wondering when you get released?" he asks. 

"Today hopefully. As long as everything's ok. Why?" 

"I'm getting out sometime this week so I won't be there tomorrow for school. Can you keep an eye on Cobra Kai for me?" 

"Um yeah sure" That's the last thing I want to do but after the fight. I owe it to him. 

"Thank you. Call you later" he says and hangs up right away.

It shouldn't be hard to spy on Cobra Kai since my boyfriend is one the best ones there. Speaking of my boyfriend he was supposed to be hours ago and I have no text, nothing from him. The doctor walks in taking my attention to him.

"Your stats are good but your lungs look like they're getting a bit worse. Which could be the factor of you not taking the medication and not keeping up with the chemo. So Lillian I really need you to take your meds and come in for chemo" He says.

"Don't worry. I'll be making sure she does" My mom says. I get why they're being so serious about this but I'm not a five year old.

"I'll be fine" I say.

"The blood in your cough may keep up a little but if it gets worse come back. Also with being sick to your stomach, with anything that causes you to work overload or get stressed it may happen. Any worse chest pains and anything. Come in."

"Got it. So I can leave," I smile at him hoping for a yes.

He takes a breath out, "Yes, you can leave. But I'm serious about everything I said" 

"Sweet! Let's go Mom!" I say excitedly and start packing my bags. I'm throwing
each shirt and pants into the bag and my eyes spot my mom packing the gift baskets.

"Oh um you can leave them and just bring Dems and Mrs. LaRussos," I assure her.

She looks at me confused, "No why don't we take all of them. I'm sure these were expensive and why haven't you touched the one from Yasmine or Kyler. They were your best friends"

"We're not talking about this" I say. I grab my bags and start walking to the car. She doesn't know the backstory of why that friendship ended. So every once in awhile she'll bring it up. It's non of her business but she makes it out to be.

We drive home and the car ride is complete silence. Once we arrive I stomp my way inside and straight to my room. I start packing a bag with shirts, pants,
and shoes for school, throwing the clothes I wore in the hospital in the wash. I pack my medication and an oxygen mask just in case in my bag.

"Mom, can we go?"

"Go where? You just got home!" She laughs slightly.

"Can you take me to Johnny's please?" She looks at me annoyed but doesn't ask why. She stands up and grabs the car keys, heading to the car.

Once we get there I don't see his car. I knock on his door and he opens it. My mom still not driving away. He looks at me confused.
"You're here why?" he asks.

"Sleepover. We have a lot to catch up on" I say excitedly and walk past him onto the couch.

"Make sure she's up for school and takes her meds!" I hear my mom yell to him from the car.

"Go home Theresa" Johnny laughs, yelling back.

"I'm serious Johnny" she says and pulls away.

"Yea yea" He says while walking back in and shutting the door.

Johnny walks over to the fridge grabbing another beer, tossing one to me.

"I can't drink" I laugh

"Oh right. My bad" He walks back over, grabbing the beer back and opening it for himself.

"What are you doing here" he asks while throwing himself down on his chair.

"I was tired of my mom. After almost three days in the hospital with her, I needed a break." he laughs

"Your mom was always feisty in person... as she was in bed" he mumbles. My eyes go wide.

"Johnny! I don't want to know that!" He laughs and stands up.

"Well kid, it's been a nice 5 minutes but I'm going to bed. Wake me up when you need to leave" he says and walks into his room.

———————————————-

A/N- Ok I know there isn't much Hawk in this chapter but in the upcoming ones, there will be a lot. Trust me it will get a lot better lol.