Chapter 37

Going home could be the worst thing for me right now. If I go home, I'll never leave my bed or, as a matter of fact, my room. Jeez, this headache just won't go away. I feel like I'm getting stabbed in the head. I look to my side to see a sketchy car pulling up beside me. I can never be left alone when I'm walking by myself.

"Hey babe, where are you going?" They ask, rolling down their window. I scoff and shake my head when I see the blond hair.

"What do you want Tory," I ask annoyed. I miss her as a friend, but I can never tell if she was actually my friend. It was like a one-sided friendship. Ever since the fight happened, she's acted differently. One second she wants to hang out with me, then another she doesn't even want to be seen with me.

"Don't be like that," she laughs. "You need a ride? You look well.... horrible"

"Thanks though but you'd be the last person I'd ask for a ride." I walk again but she follows me.

"Well, by the looks of it, you don't have a ride so seems like I'm the last option." She smiles, "Come on, just get in the car". I have like five miles until I get home. Ugh, my lungs won't be able to handle that. Looks like I don't have a choice.

"Fine. But take me right home," I demand.

"Deal" she leans over the passenger seat and opens the door for me, "Hop in," she says excitedly. I climb into the car and look forward. I can literally feel her smile and stare at my skin as she drives.

"Yes?" I say to her.

She laughs. "Nothing, I just missed you. You were the only person I could talk to that actually listened. I mean you were basically my best friend" How can she say she missed me when she has had multiple chances to talk to me. To her, when I walked by, I was a stranger. Ever since the day at the boardwalk, she seemed embarrassed to be seen with me. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised. Hawk did the same thing to me.

"What's your plan here, Tory. I mean, you have had multiple chances to reach out. Like what, did Kreese send you to spy on me or something? I mean why does he even want me back so badly, it's not like I could even fight for you guys".

She turns into some random parking lot. "Because he thinks of you like his granddaughter and Johnny like his son. He only wants the best for you, Lillian. That's all he wants for all of us. You should really think about coming back." She pauses. "We all miss you," she mumbles. Shit. This gets me to break when people say shit like this.

"Fuck" I smack my palms to my face. She pulls into a parking spot and turns, facing me.

"Promise me you'll think about it. Also, I'm the only girl there and I'll beg you as much as I need for you to come back."

I laugh. "Yea, but you can still beat all their asses. I still don't get it though. It's not like I can actually take part and he literally almost killed me trying to make me fight Rickenberger"

She takes the keys out and opens her car door. "Yea and you had no experience and still kicked his ass. Come on, we're getting a drink," she hops out and walks into some random bar. I don't really have a choice, so I follow behind her.

I grab her shoulder, turning her around, "I told you to take me home, Tory".

"We need to catch up. Twenty minutes and then I'll take you home," she pleads. She turns back around and walks up to the bar, taking a seat and pulling the chair out next to her for me.

"Bartender! A beer for me and water for my friend here" she hands them her fake ID. The bartender defiantly did not believe it but looked like he didn't feel like arguing with her.