Chapter 56

"So how do you want to spend today?" I ask Eli. Walking around the neighborhood, our hands locked together.

"I have a place I can take you" he looks over at me and smiles.

"Where?"

He laughs. "It's a secret Lillian. You'll find out when we get there"

"Ugh" I complain. The little time we have left together, we'll be spending every second with each other. I told him that when I leave he can come visit but he didn't seem to like the idea. I know he doesn't want me to leave but I have no choice. If he wants me to come back to him at all, i'm going to have to get the surgery.

We walk back to my place and get into his car. The ride is silent and he never looks at me once. I can't seem to see what he's thinking and he won't tell me. I just want to hear his side, what's wrong and what he thinks just overall.

He reaches into the glove box and pulls out a bandanna. "Oh hell no!" I yell.

"Come on, come on. It will be for like five minutes. I promise." he begs. He picks up the hot pink bandanna and starts to wrap it around my head, covering my eyes.

"Where did you even get this anyway?"

"I don't remember the store. We used it to capture some-" he stops. I lift it up off my eyes.

"Capture what?" I ask, seriously. His face instantly goes red.

"Oh....nothing. It was awhile ago." He lies. My guess is he used it against one of the other dojo's. "Now stop asking questions and just do what I say." I laugh and pull the bandanna back down over my eyes. He starts the car and drives away.

The car comes to a sudden stop and I hear him turn the keys so the car is off. "Ready?" he asks me.

"Not really" I chuckle, nervously. There's multiple places we could be right now.

He climbs out of the car and walks to my side and opens my door. He grabs my hand, leading me out of the car. "Don't be nervous, it's ok"

"Yea easy for you to say. You're not the one with your eyes covered." He laughs.

We walk for about five minutes and then we stop. "ok you can take it off now" I lift it off my eyes and I feel my heart explode in my chest while I look around at the playground where we first met.

"Eli...." I say softly. "I remember this day exactly" Nothing has changed. The slide is still a bright purple along with everything else. The two swing sets sit next to the big sign of all the rules on it, telling people not to smoke although they still do.

"So do I. This is where we met. Where our moms introduced us and we'd come here every friday. We'd beg to have a sleepover and they would always say no" we both laugh. I can't explain how happy it makes me knowing that he still remembers it all.

"I love you so much" I smile brightly and I wrap my hand in his.

"It's really nothing. We haven't come here in awhile" He tries to hide his smile.

"No, it's everything. This means so much to me and to us."

"Really?" he questions, sincerely. Behind his eyes you can tell he's hurting, somethings bothering him and I know it's not just having to due with me leaving.

"Yes really" I chuckle. "Come on" I pull his hand and walk over to the playground. We walk up each step and make it to the top where the tube is connecting to the rest of the steps. I climb into the tube and sit down as he follows behind me. He sits down next to me.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I ask, quietly. I turn to look at him and he's playing with his fingers in his lap. I just wish I could see what goes through this boys head.