Chapter 39

"Hawk I- I can't. We aren't together anymore," I mumble to him.

His lips turn into a frown. "yea uh right, my bad. Do you mind if I stay here for a little?" This could mean two things. He wants to stay here because he wants us to talk or he wants to wait for his mom.

"Um, sure I guess." I get up and move back to my chair, grabbing my computer. He takes his shoes off and lays down on the couch. Him being over is like nothing happened last night. So much happened today that it feels like ages ago that we broke up. I watch as his facial expressions change while watching the tv. He's never been a big fan of Shameless, but he'd always watch it with me because he knew it was one of my favorites.

It makes me happy to know he still has a spot for Demetri. That even after these past couple months of him acting as he hates him, that he doesn't really want to hurt him.

"What are you doing over there? You look like you're going to pass out," he laughs.

"I'm catching up on all the school work I've missed. Only some of my teachers gave me more time to finish things. Some are obviously nicer than others"

"Did you take your meds today?" he asks.

I sigh, "Yes dad, I took my meds. Why is that the only thing people ever ask me anymore? And are we just going to ignore the fact that you broke Demetri's arm?"

He rolls his eyes and rolls onto his back. "You just don't look good, like sick and No, but like I already told you. I didn't want to do it, it kind of just happened. Walking out and hearing him yell in pain is something I'm going to hear in my head for a while"

"But you did it and now you can't take it back. Try to talk to him. Maybe he'll forgive you." shit, I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.

"Hell no, just because I feel guilty doesn't mean I'm going to apologize." I shake my head. He sits up and smiles at me. "Can we just talk about last night, please? Without arguing or yelling. You say your side and I'll say mine."

"Fine. I'll go first." he nods. "I don't like how you're different around me. It's like you don't want me to see the person you've become because you're embarrassed by it. You act like this big tough guy everyone should be afraid of but really on the inside, you aren't. You told me karate wouldn't change you, but it did exactly that. You kick me to the side when it's Cobra Kai. I'm not some side piece that you can mess with whenever you feel like it. You choose everyone over me. I was with you since the beginning! I supported you with everything! Unlike Demetri, I stayed after all the shit you did! Because under this whole play you're still my fucking best friend and I love you. "He looks like the wind just got knocked out of him. I've never seen him so....offended.

He gulps. "I don't know what to say. I guess there's not much I can say other than I'm sorry. "I feel bad saying what I said and I know I could have said much worse, but he asked for it.

"You go now," I say.

"You get mad at every single thing I do. And as much as I apologize for it, you always keep it against me. It's like every mistake I've done represents me in your eyes. You break up with me like once a week because you can't see my side of anything, only yours. And I act differently around you because you're my girlfriend! You aren't one of the boys or just my best friend anymore. I want to protect you and be myself around you." we both go silent, looking at the ground. "That felt good to get out," We both make eye contact and laugh.

"I don't mean to get mad at you for everything, I just wish you were honest." Some things are just hard to let go of. He means the world to me and when I get angry everything just comes out.

"I know it's only been a day but I miss you a lot"

I smile, "I miss you too but I don't think we should get back together right away"

He groans, "Are you fucking serious. If we continue to just talk like this, then we'll be fine"

"Yea, if only it was that easy. Why don't we "talk" but we're not dating, you know? And we say that all the time and it never works, we just end up fighting"

"Okay fine. But I have some rules. No talking to anyone else, no kissing anyone else, no hooking up with anyone else, and we have to hang out whenever we feel like it "he crosses his arms.

"ok then. But we're not going to kiss or anything because we aren't together. Also, let me call you Eli."

"Nah, I ain't agreeing to that. I'm going to kiss you because you're still my girl"

"fine, deal"

"deal"

"can I sleep over tonight then" he smirks and walks over, grabbing my hand and taking me over to the seat next to him on the couch.

"That's completely beside the point of just talking then, " I laugh.

"I'll sleep on the floor next to your bed. I can drive you to school and take you home." He tries to hide the smile on his face.

"I can get to school fine, Eli. The point of just talking is like a break. We aren't together but we aren't apart either."

"And I get that, but as I said, you're still my girl. I'm going to treat you like it."

I roll my eyes, "Fine but only tonight since you're already here" I hope this actually works and we aren't doing this for nothing.

"Great," he says and resumes shameless on the tv. "Come here" he grabs my hand and lays me down next to him on the couch. "Hungry?" he asks. I nod my head and he pulls out his phone. "What are you In the mood for? I'll pay and get it delivered."

"Pizzas fine," I say.

"Okay, I'll get pepperoni. Should be here in about twenty minutes." He says and pulls a blanket over us while wrapping his arm around my waist. It's only been one night, one night since everything went down. I thought it would be maybe a week until we talked to each other, but like I always say, we can't stay away from each other
._______________________

a/n- I wasn't going to upload this chapter for a couple more days but I was excited so here you go lol!

I'm still deciding how I want to end this . I think i'm going to keep writing even when I finish season 3 bc I don't have the patience to wait until season 4 to come to write again lol.