🍙Chapter 18~What's Important Is...🥟

Yuki and [Y/n] stood at the gate to the train station. They were coming home from the grocery store. "Looks like the rain is dying down, but let's wait here a little longer." Yuki said, and [Y/n] nodded.

[Y/n]'s heart was beating abnormally fast and her throat was dry. The more time she spends with Yuki, the more nervous she got. [Y/n] didn't want to embarrass herself and say something stupid. 'To think all my confidence drain just by the presence of Yuki Sohma...Pathetic!' [Y/n] thought to herself. "So, um, finals are coming up." Yuki said, trying to make conversation.

"Y-Yeah." She said and smiled, nervously, "Seems like we're going to have to help Tohru study. She's always so hard on herself. Oh, yeah, don't we have the student council elections?"

"Yeah." Yuki said with a sigh. Everyone at school wants Yuki to be the president, but [Y/n] knows he didn't want to. Much to her surprise, Takei asked [Y/n] to be apart of the "School Defense Force" because of how strong she is. Physically and Mentally. [Y/n] refused the first few times he'd asked her, but Takei declared that he wouldn't give up. She's never told a soul about it in fear of being teased by Uotani.

"From that reaction, I can tell that you rather not do that." [Y/n] said.

"No. I rather not. Not at all." Yuki said, "I don't know what he expects of me; what they expect, but they've got the wrong idea. 'Cause the real me is more..."

[Y/n] looked at him curiously, "More what?"

Yuki realized that he was rambling, "Never mind. Forget I said anything." He said with one of his fake smiles, and [Y/n] nodded. There were so many layers to Yuki, and [Y/n] has noticed this. He doesn't let his true nature show to anyone. Not even to [Y/n]. The [h/c] haired girl couldn't help be wonder what happened in Yuki's past to have broken him so much. It hurt her heart, really.

[Y/n] looked out into the rain. "It looks like it's let up enough, so we should be okay to walk." She said.

"Oh, hey, Yuki." Haru was standing out in the rain.

"Haru?" [Y/n] and Yuki said.

"Why are you out? It's raining." Haru walked closer to them. "I'm not the one who's soaked." Yuki said, "Why are you out? Did you get lost again?"

"I've been searching. For her." Haru said and revealed a tiger under his coat that was wrapped in his arms, "It took a while."

"Oh, how cute." [Y/n] cooed.

"This is Kisa Sohma. Careful her teeth are sharp." Haru said, and [Y/n] smiled.

"Really? The tiger spirit? She's so cute." She said and went to pet her, "Hello, I'm [Y/n] Honda. My nickname is Tiger. Can I--" Kisa bit her. The pain was horrible, but [Y/n] tried not to show it.

"Are you alright, Miss [Y/n]?" Yuki panicked.

"Y-Yeah. I wouldn't like being pet either." [Y/n] said while crying a little from the pain.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"Oh, dear. You got nibbled on?" Shigure asked while Tohru treated [Y/n]'s bite.

"Yeah. I should've expected it." [Y/n] said, "I did try to pet her like she was an animal."

"Kisa, come here and apologize." Yuki said to the tiger in the corner. "It fine, really. She doesn't have to." [Y/n] said.

"Kisa!" Yuki said, sternly, again but was ignored. "Yuki, that won't work. She doesn't talk." Shigure said.