🥟Chapter 23~Let's Eat Somen🍙

{A/n: I recommend listening to the song now if you want to read the lyrics, but I'll tell you when to play it while reading.}

The school bell chimed, signaling that it is time to go. The students began to stand and collect their things. "One more thing, your career plans. Fill out those forms and get 'em turned in by the end of the week." Mayuko said.

"Yes, ma'am."

"And we'll be having parent-teacher conferences right after summer break. Do not forget to let your parent or guardian know what's up."

[Y/n] stared down at the sheet of paper in front of her. She never really thought seriously about her future. She was too poor for college, working for the rest of her life sounded boring as hell.

"[Y/n]...It's lunchtime." Tohru said, and [Y/n] blinked. She didn't realize she was lost in thought. "Oh, sure, let's go." [Y/n] said and grabbed her lunch.

The friends sat in the field at school. "It's been so long since we've all eaten lunch like this." Tohru said.

"It has." Hanajima said.

"Food would taste a lot better without you idiots around." Kyo said but was ignored. "Have you already turned in your career plan form, Tohru?" Hanajima asked. "Yep!" She said.

"I haven't yet. I'm not sure what I wanna do." Hanajima said.

"Neither have I. Working for the rest of my life sound so boring." [Y/n] said.

"Me neither. How can we decide that crap now?" Uotani said.

"Right." [Y/n] agreed, "I guess you still have the same plan in mind, Tohru."

"Yes. Work right away to support myself."

"The workforce. Sound like a viable option." Hanajima said.

"A boring option." [Y/n] corrected.

"It's not the only one, though. You know, you two could always get married to someone, Tohru, [Y/n]." Uotani said, and [Y/n] short her a glare.

"Oh, marriage? In that case, perhaps I should go to college. Then I would be better able to support us." Hanajima said. "Don't pick out your wedding dress just yet." Uotani said, "I had something else in mind. Like them getting hitched to these jokers, for instance."

The two Sohmas had a shocked look. "What the hell are those faces for? You got a problem with them, you got a problem with me, and you don't want that." Uotani growled while and Hanajima had dark auras around them.

"No, there's no problem at all." Yuki said.

"Well, then, we'll see which one of us wins" Hanajima said.

[Y/n] facepalmed. 'Why is everyone trying to marry me off to Yuki?' She thought.

"We didn't even say anything! Stop picking a fight!"

"Um, guys, maybe I will get married someday, but it probably won't be anytime soon. So, I don't know if we need to start making plans right now." Tohru said while blushing.

"Yeah, the day I get married will be the day you cut your hair short, Uota." [Y/n] said while leaning back on her hands.

"Yeah, that's never gonna happen." Uotani said with a smirk, "You're gonna be an old cougar, huh?"

"No, I'm gonna be the rich aunt with no kids." [Y/n] said.

"Who knows? I could surprise all of ya and be the first of us to tie the knot." Uotani said. "Hah. I pity the poor guy." Kyo muttered and was punched in the head.