🥟Chapter 33~Machi & Kakeru🥟

"All right. It's settled, then." Yuki announced to the class. The class decided to do the play 'Cinderella' for the culture festival. "We'll do Cinderella for our class play. We'll be voting on the roles tomorrow, so please thing about your choices. 'Kay, that's all we've got for today, guys."

"Cinderella. So, we get to bring an old fairytale to life. Fun!" Tohru said and clapped her hands together, "Right, guys?" She looked to see her friends were not as excited as she was, and her sister was lying face down on her desk.

"I guess Cinderella wasn't your first choice, huh?" Tohru asked.

"The votes have been cast and our fates have been sealed. Accept it." Hanajima said.

[Y/n] lifted her head up, "I just know I'm going to be casted as the evil stepsister or something." Then faceplanted on her desk again.

"[Y-Y/n], you shouldn't do that! What if you hurt yourself?" Tohru panicked, hearing [Y/n] head hit the desk.

"I want to set him free because I love him so so very much. I've never wanted anything in my life so badly. But to see him happy is something I really want."

Ever since that day, Tohru's noticed [Y/n] has been a little down. She's never seen [Y/n] cry so much. She was yearning for Yuki so badly. Tohru felt a little guilty that she didn't notice [Y/n]'s pain sooner.

"I'm fine, Tohru." [Y/n] said, snapping her sister out of her thoughts, "Just bummed out that I have to do this stupid play. On top of that, Koji's pissing me off with his own 'band situation' again."

"You gonna sing?" Uotani asked.

"Oh, that would be wonderful!" Tohru said while Hanajima nodded.

"I don't plan on it. Jeez, why do people like me singin' so much?" [Y/n] grumbled.

"[Y/n], we should get going." Yuki said while walking over to [Y/n], "We have a meeting, remember?" He smiled at her.

[Y/n]'s expression seemed brighten a bit. "Yeah." She said and stood up from her desk.

The door to the classroom opened, "There's our wayward Yun-Yun! And our lost little Tiger! Let's go." Manabe said, waving at them, "You two wanna be late for the meeting?"

"Right, sorry. We're coming." Yuki said.

"Why am I 'lost'?" [Y/n] grumbled.

"Um, Yuki? [Y/n]?" Tohru said, making them stop, "Don't push yourselves too hard."

"I'm fine. Thank you, though." Yuki said.

"I'll see you." [Y/n] said, giving her sister a pat on the head before following Yuki.

"Honestly, when're you two gonna get a cell phone?" Manabe complained as they walked down the hall.

"You use it that much? Really?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah, all the time." Manabe said.

"I'd need a parent to sign the contract for me, though." Yuki said, and [Y/n] looked off to the side.

"And? What's the problem with that? You not on good terms?" Manabe asked.

"No, it's more like... I dunno. I guess, our relationship's like a shirt that's buttoned wrong." Yuki said, making [Y/n] giggle.

"That's it. Exactly! That totally makes sense!" Manabe said, and they stopped.

"Yep. Yep. Like a shirt with the buttons all wonky. You're right on the money there. Yep. Yep."

"Why are you agreeing with yourself?" [Y/n] questioned, and suddenly a book was thrown through the door window. They stopped and stared at the door for a moment.