🍙Chapter 19~I'm So Sorry!🥟

[Y/n] and Tohru walked up the stairs to their home when they noticed Mitsuru sprinting down the stairs. "Was that...Mi-chan?" [Y/n] questioned.

"I think so." Tohru said. There was a sudden scream, and the two girls rushed towards the sound. "The bottom of my bag broke! This is a disaster."

"Oh, here. We're more than happy to give you a hand." Tohru said, and the sisters began to pick up the books that were on the ground.

"No, please, that's far too much to ask of the two of you." The man said.

"Nonsense. It's good to help each other out when we face problems." Tohru said.

"Forgive me. See, it doesn't matter where I am; I always cause problems for the people around me. I shouldn't be taking up space, or using up oxygen. Still, even though I feel bad, I'm making you get on the ground and help me." The man rambled, "I apologize. Not just to you, but to the entire world!"

[Y/n] and Tohru looked at each other. They recognized that frantic behavior. "Wait, are you Ritchan?" Tohru asked. Ritsu looked at them in shock then screamed. "Am I so horrible that even strangers on the street know what my name is! Of course they do! My cursed name, so everyone knows to avoid me!"

"Um, no...We just figured..." [Y/n] muttered, and Shigure came outside. "Ah. Why are you here, Ritchan?" Shigure asked.

Then he started rambling another apology as he bowed. After being invited inside, Ritsu settled down with Tohru, Shigure, and [Y/n]. "What a rare treat this is. You're usually so timid. Not the sort to drop in out of the blue." Shigure said.

"Oh! Yes, sorry for barging in. And for causing Tohru and [Y/n] so much trouble because I overloaded my bag." Ritsu said as Tohru set a cup of tea down in front of him.

"No. We were to help! And even happier to meet you." Tohru said.

"Yeah. It was really no trouble at all." [Y/n] added.

"So, then, why the impromptu visit?" Shigure asked.

"No, this is terrible. I must be intruding on you." Ritsu said.

"Mm-hm." Shigure nodded with a smile.

"I'm sorry! I'll run home immediately!" He rambled as he tried to run out, but Shigre stopped by grabbing the sleeve of his kimono. "I'm just kidding. Sit down. It was a joke." Shigure said, Ritsu calmed down and sat down, "So, what's on your mind?"

"Well, you see, most of the other members of the zodiac had already met Tohru and [Y/n] since they started living here, so I figured it would be rude of me if I didn't introduce myself to them." Ritsu said and turn to face the two sisters. "My name is Ritsu Sohma. You know my mother from the hot spring you went to. It's such a pleasure to meet you two."

"No, the pleasure is all mine." Tohru said and bowed.

"Same here. Nice to meet you." [Y/n] said and bowed, "I'm [Y/n] Honda."

"My name is Tohru Honda."

"Ah. Right. It's not nearly enough, but--"

"Ooh, you brought a gift? Yay!" Shigure said with a smile.

"Yes. But I didn't know what fruit you would like, so I got you some books on fruit instead. I hope you find him enjoyable." Ritsu said and placed the books on the table. The room was silent. "Or not! I'm so sorry! This must be a terrible present--absurdly rude."

Shigure smiled angrily. "Well, yeah. It kind of is."

"I'm the worst! I'll go to the market and get some real fruit. All the fruit! Right now!" Ritsu yelled as he tried to get away. But, Shigure grabbed the kimono sleeve.