🥟Chapter 28~Akito🍙

"I swear. I'll keep trying. Fighting. Just like you are. And believing...that there's hope."

Those word rung in [Y/n]'s head. Even when he kissed her, it was soft and gentle. It was everything [Y/n] hoped it would be, but there was more that he wanted to say. More that he needed to say. The silent voice that was screaming to come out. [Y/n] couldn't even enjoy the feeling without the overwhelming burden of wondering if Yuki was okay.

And that tear...

He was crying.

"[Y/n]. Are you alright?" [Y/n] heard and looked up to see Hatori. [Y/n] blinked in confusion. "Oh, Hatori, I didn't notice you there." She said.

"What's wrong? Do you have a fever? You look a bit flushed." Hatori said, making Tohru get up from her seat next to Kyo. She walked over to check on her sister, and [Y/n] shook her head.

"I'm okay, really. I was just lost in thought. I wasn't expecting you to be here." She said.

"I came out here with Akito yesterday. This is the first chance I've had to stop by." Hatori said.

"You're staying at the annex, too?" Tohru asked.

"I'm sorry. This should be a fun vacation with your friends, but instead, you two are left alone." Hatori said while looking away from the girls.

"Please, you don't need to apologize! Kyo's here, so we're not alone, and with the others gone, I've got plenty of time to cook..." Tohru rambled, and [Y/n] chuckled a bit.

'I wonder if the others are worried about us like Hatori is.' [Y/n] thought with a small smile. She remembered the look Yuki gave her before walking out of the front door this morning. It was a sad, longing look. Like he didn't want to go. He didn't want to leave her, but he had to. They couldn't disobey the family head.

[Y/n] smiled at Hatori. "Thanks for visiting, Hatori, but there's no need to worry about us. We're glad we got to be here." She said, and Tohru nodded agreement. Hatori smiled a bit, patting the sisters on their head. "I'll be going then." He said and began to walk out, "Kyo, try being good company."

'Yes, thanks to Akito.'

[Y/n] thought about first seeing Akito. The look of disgust that Akito had when looking at [Y/n] and the fake smile plastered on their face. 'What did Akito say to make Yuki react like that?' [Y/n] thought.

"[Y/n]?" Tohru called while looking at her with concern.

"You're not getting sick, are you?" Kyo asked while getting up, "You've been spacier than usual."

[Y/n] waved it off. "I'm fine. Just thinking about something." She said and smiled, "I was thinking we could go to the beach today. We could play in the sand or something."

Tohru had a bright smile and clapped her hands together. "Yes, I'd love that." She cheered while Kyo gave a blank look.

"People actually do that?" Kyo asked.

"Sure! It'll be fun, you'll see." Tohru said.

Once they got to the beach, the girls played in the sand making what they knew as a "sandcastle". It was two sand domes. "So... what is that?" Kyo asked.

"A sandcastle, silly." Tohru said.

"Oh, yeah? 'Cause I was gonna go with 'sand igloo'." Kyo said, and [Y/n] chuckled.

"It's not that bad." [Y/n] said.

"Well, it's not like I've ever made one before, so what do I know?" Kyo said.